• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    When I was growing up and was a bus boy, I remember my boss and a bartender flashing their gun to me. One guy literally slammed it on the bar. That is why some places have rules just to make sure your waiter doesn't shoot you after a bad tip was left. Some not so responsible people make some bad decisions.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    When I worked for walgreens, I was told that carry in the story by anyone employed by walgreens no matter if you were on or off the clock, was grounds for termination. It sucked that I had to be defenseless even on my days off, if I went and shopped at my own store.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Well, did you know that the general public can carry there firearms into Walgreens but not the employees. I am not just talking about when they are working but not working to. As a matter of fact employees on or off cannot have a gun on the premises.
    What do you think. I do not work at Walgreens by the way.

Meijers is the same way.

apsjiml

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Well , this employee was suspended but has since been terminated. I sure do understand the no firearms while working because if something happened there would not be an insurance company in the world that would cover that. However, when they are not on the clock , they are a customer.
    I get a little tired of this, well, we have to treat everyone the same. It is just not true for one, customers that are not employed are welcome as long as it is legal to carry. For two, were not talking about some crazy guy that commits crimes, we are talking about a law abiding , tax paying, good guy that just wants to protect himself that is all.

apsjiml

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Here is the thing, he was told that was fine as long as he was off the clock. Otherwise he would not have done that. It doesn't say either way in the policy. Now, everything in the policy has to do when you are working. I mean nobody takes a 30 minute dinner break and wears a name tag when they are at home. For one, no firearms on the property is invalid at least here in Indiana, we have the parking lot bill to allow you to store firearms in your vehicle at work. The other thing in Walgreens statement regaurding that pharmicist that carried and was fired. Walgreens official statement was the pharmacist was notified at orientation that he was not allowed to have a firearm at work.
    So , which is it? We also mean employees can't have a firearm when they are not working or why not make it, even own a firearm or firearm accessories at all? The whole just seems dirty and a little shady to me to be honest.

mikedippert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    With how slimy lawyers have become, this doesn't surprise me at all. CVS will terminate for self defense, or taking any action that can be twisted to be considered an attack. Even asked the regional LP guy about it. He would be involved in the termination decision.

Top Bottom