• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I am glad Wal-Mart helped me stock up cheaply, now I have to replace what I shoot. There is the problem. I have many 9mm Federal's for $9.99 per 50.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Normally, I can get good prices at Rural King. Will have to go check to see what they have done.

Every time i go to rural king to pick up pistol ammo they seem to have just run out. last 3 times i went in for .45acp they were out. always seem to have plenty of .40 though. and last time i picked up 9mm they had only one box left. ive been ordering from USA Ammo recently

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Yes, unfortunatly it is true. Stopped by the Fishers 96th street Wal-Mart to see the increase with my own eyes, will have to stop shooting .40 75% of the time in my carry Glock-23, and start using my Glock-19 .9mm 75% of the time now instead. I will still carry the .40 but only practice with it less than before.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Stopped at Brownsburg this AM, Rem UMC was $51.97 for box of 250, and it is now right at $60. Federal 9mm went up a couple bucks for 50 ct from $10.47 to $12.99 IIRC. 45ACP went up, too and Federal RedBox 50ct went from $1.49 to $1.99. Thats a big percentage jump.

builder_one

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    This sucks, I was in my nearest store a few days back and decided I'd pick up a box of WWB 44 mag ammo. It used to be $32.97 now it's $37.97?!?! No thanks, it wasn't a hot deal before, now it just plain sucks. It's getting awfully close to $1 per round for their white box ammo :n00b:, I'll be hitting the reloading bench instead. Glad I bought components when they were pretty reasonable and saved all of my brass :).

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I buy the 9mm fedral an the winchester white box .22mag at walmart, both went up. .22mag was 7.74ea now 8.89. 9mm fedral was 10.47 now 12.99 in scottsburg. bunch of others jumped up also. But notcied there bulk shotgun shells didnt go up...

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I am proud Wal mart started carrying 7.62x39 in West laffayete! I have bought every box on the shelf several times! 5$ and some change a box sounds high until you go in a gun store around here and they want 6$+.

Pattypat25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Howdy neighbor:)I did notice that the 380 price on the WWB did go up to 38 dollars at walmart in Lafayette, I was able to get a box of .45 federal target ammo for 15 bucks.

mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    The wal-mart on 86th near Michigan road hasn't restocked (or rearranged) their ammo case in over 2 weeks now - I wonder if it's an ordering/shipping thing or if they are getting out of the business?

I needed 100 rounds of 44Mag in a hurry and bought the last two yesterday.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I guess when ur used to shooting 10mm these jacked up prices for 9mm are VERY do-able

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Ammo will keep going up until the US makers see demand fall off. Which it will, then prices will fall.

I think we are close to the point of demand falling off.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I know there inconsistent. I bought a box of WWB the other day it was marked for 22.99 and it rang up as 24.99. The box before that was at a different Walmart. It was marked at 23.99 and rang up for 22.99.

Funny thing is, Wal-Mart advertises price matching with any other store in the area. However... That does NOT apply to any other Wal-Mart in the area, I've found some items at Wal-Mart across town cheaper, and the Wal-Mart closest to me will NOT match them. They don't match other wal-marts, wtf?

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    I am proud Wal mart started carrying 7.62x39 in West laffayete! I have bought every box on the shelf several times! 5$ and some change a box sounds high until you go in a gun store around here and they want 6$+.
    I too bought up the Ulyanovsk 7.62x39 at a couple of my local Wal-marts at about the same time they started carrying Tula stuff. But while they continue to stock the Tula, I haven't seen the Uly 7.62x39 be restocked at all for a couple months at least. In general it seems that Uly isn't being imported much right now, that happens with the Russian brands a lot, they'll import a lot of one brand name and then it will go away for awhile. I just hope Wally world brings it back then.

I bought some online at about that same time for about $3.50.

Ammo will keep going up until the US makers see demand fall off. Which it will, then prices will fall.

I think we are close to the point of demand falling off.

Supposedly it isn't as much the demand on ammo but the raw materials prices continue to rise.

Check out this link for a chart of lead, copper, and zinc prices:
    Chart Builder | Charts & DataMine

Looks like right now the prices are about 2006 prices. There should have been a major drop in ammo prices due to raw material prices when the recession hit but the demand definitely didn't make that happen. The ammo companies had to make out during the recession like the oil companies did before! Overall we won't go back to what things were before 2006 for the time being but if demand drops it should get there.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Consider yourselves lucky if you can find what your looking for ... The Wal around here hasnt had 40 cal ammo in over a month, so i've had to pay 10 bucks extra per 100 rounds when i go to the range

Top Bottom