• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Walmart use to break contracts over the sillest things. One case short on an order and they would send the whole order back and cancel future orders. They bought enough to add a whole shift of personel,Upside and a down side.

I bought 6 boxes there yesterday,first time I've ever bought ammo there. 18.75 for a box of Federal 550rds. not to bad a price.Guess I better get some more before its gone.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I only read a few of these posts and I find most of them very humerous. Wal-mart is not going to quit selling ammo.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    I'm glad there going to quit, I stopped at the Wabash Wally World and bought 6 value packs of .40 last week because they were setting on the floor and didn't have any place to put them. :rockwoot::D

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    WarMart in Noblesville has lots of ammo

Yesterday afternoon they had everything but 45 and 380; cabinet was pretty full. Lots of 40S&W, 9mm, .223, .22, 30-06 and even some 38 special.

Kuting

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    MSG2 - Frankfort
    Frankfort keeps restocking, but 45 Auto is at a premium, 556 is almost non-existent with the exception of 45g, 9mm is good to go, there's a lot of 40 cal, and there's the usual Wal-Mart stock of rimfire and 12g.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I am dropping by my local 96th St Fishers Walter World today around 1:30 PM, getting my fix of Federal .40 for tomorrows POP GUNS range session, and wil let you all know in the Ammo hunt sticky whats up from the counterman or lady.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    all of the walmarts in fort wayne still are stocking pretty much everything... the one on 37 seems to have the largest stock though...

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Decided to detour to the Wal-Mart on Emmerson & 465 S exit, bought Fed .40 for today and two boxes of the orange box 9mm cause thats what they had, plenty of bulk pac Winchester with many calibers avaliable.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I bought 6 boxes there yesterday,first time I've ever bought ammo there. 18.75 for a box of Federal 550rds. not to bad a price.Guess I better get some more before its gone.
    :puke:It's just sad that it was only a few years ago I was buying that stuff at $11.97, and everybody was upset when it went up to $13.47 or whatever.... now look at it...

I'm sure glad I bought 100k+ rounds at $11.97. :rockwoot:

Glock19Dude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like Ace & Rico's but the last 2 times I went in there to buy 9mm practice ammo they didn't have any, and the fact that they close at 5pm doesn't help. Wally World is either hit or miss. I've gone in there and they had nothing but shotgun ammo, then 2 months later I went in and they had a bunch of everything. I walked out with 400 rounds of various ammo, would have got more but it gets a little expensive.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I went into the Valpo Wal-Mart today. I spoke with an employee who said that they are actually expanding their ammo section in many of their stores. We got to talking and he told me that soon they will be stocking 250 round boxes of Remington 9mm for ~$55 as well as .45 for ~$85. I passed on the pack of .40 they had for $70 and bought a few boxes of Federal .40 FMJ for ~$14 each.

dr632

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2010
    Brown County
    We all must be competing with each other here in Columbus. Last visit ... the guy on the older WalMart would only sell me (1) 100 round value pack of 45ACP. Pretty Silly. That won't even get me through one Sunday USPSA match.

Last Aug when I was in Myrtle Beach - they had everything in stock. It wasn't until day 4 my wife figured out why I was so happy to go to WalMart each day to pick up milk, etc. for the group as they limited me to (5) boxes ...:)

One trip to the WalMart by 46/65 ... an older lady (nice gal) remarked that people were hoarding ammo. She told me people were coming in and buying everything they had (this was in the context of latter half of 2009). She claimed people were buying it and then taking it to local gun shows and marking it up.

To be honest, I hadn't thought of that kind of arbitrage ... some pretty clever folks out there.

Electron don

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Evansville
    Evansville Walmart had loads of 9mm

I was at the Evansville East Side Walmart a couple of days ago and they were well stocked on pistol ammo. Lots of remington FMJ 9mm and some import brand. it was even cheaper than the Remington.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Frankfort keeps restocking, but 45 Auto is at a premium, 556 is almost non-existent with the exception of 45g, 9mm is good to go, there's a lot of 40 cal, and there's the usual Wal-Mart stock of rimfire and 12g.

I was there yesterday and it was bone empty due to construction..I wonder where it was all stashed??!?!

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wouldn't you know it... I have always seen CCI's mini mags at the Ft. Wayne Walmarts. At least until about 3-4 weeks ago. 3-4 weeks ago, I finally bought a Walther P22 and now can't find any.

Well, Gander Mountain has them and actually at not too bad of a price. $6.99 / 100.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I noticed the other night that Gander had come down $3 on Mini-Mags. Only two cents more than ol' Wally. Other rimfire is coming down as well. I don't like supporting or pimping gander so I didn't post it.

Top Bottom