• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lock load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Mishawaka IN
    I about lost my mind when several years ago when they still got food stamps.
    I was in line behind a woman who was using food stamps to purchase her food items. Then proceeds to pull out another $150 in cash for lottery tickets.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    Seriously. .. the gal used government cards to pay for food..but 1000.00 cash to pay for the stuff that isn't covered under the gov??

enough to make you sick huh?

The pathetic thing is these "people" vote.

I am all for helping someone down on their luck, but we make it too easy to depend on the government many of them wont attempt to work

jlm262

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    indianapolis
    I use to work off sunnyside and pike. "people" would rather not spend their money if it even had tax on it. I see people who told me they didn't work, drive just as nice car as me but im busting my ass and they say at home all day smoking pot, drinking, making kids they can support, or anything else they can not afford. makes me so so mad! my family has NEVER gotten assistance and we once lived 7 people in a small house. we made it work so can most of these "people"
    Rant over. :)

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    I saw a night shift stocker at Lebanon Wal-Mart last night who was stocking shelves while he was wearing a GIANT Superman cape. Not the same as the above stories, but hilarious. Only at Wallyworld...

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    The only question you have to ask yourself is "who is the dumb ass?"

Those who work for a living and get by or those who don't and get free? I'll admit to having days where I'm not so sure it's worth it being willing to do for mine when it's become so incredibly easy to do nothing and expect someone else to provide. There really are precious few consequences to being a lazy ****.
    This.^^^^

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Breeders is what you call them. All they do is spit out children while contributing nothing. If you're going to draw welfare birth control should be mandatory. If you can't afford to take care of yourself you can't afford to take care of a half-dozen illiterate, rude, stupid, and disgusting spawn.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Yep, the system is broke.
    My Son works at Marsh. Lady shopper came in and wiped out the sushi bar, purchased two-lobsters, whipped out the EBT card and asked him how to prepare the lobsters.
    Before he could respond, she said never mind, its not my money if I mess them up.
    Then used cash to pay for the beer.

He went on to say that if it was not for EBT, Marsh would discontinue
    the sushi bar at his location.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We need to be able to turn people in for a fraud review. Let the state investigate them for felony theft if they are found to be hiding crap or breaking the rules. I've wanted to turn in innumerable Medicaid/SS disability fraud people but am not even sure if you can do that.

Plus hospitals/business might not like their patrons being turned into investigators from their encounter.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    We need to be able to turn people in for a fraud review. Let the state investigate them for felony theft if they are found to be hiding crap or breaking the rules. I've wanted to turn in innumerable Medicaid/SS disability fraud people but am not even sure if you can do that.

Plus hospitals/business might not like their patrons being turned into investigators from their encounter.
    You can, but some people get disability for "migraine headaches" when there are people who actually deserve it get denied 3-4 times because their disease is so rare the doc's are puzzled (at least in Indiana anyways). Don't ask me how I know.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I saw someone whose medical record in several facilities detailed a surgical procedure that the patient I was seeing did not have performed two months ago as documented. Someone had committed fraud and got a free surgery. I called the orthopedist who did it and he said that person never showed up for the follow-up :xmad:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I saw someone whose medical record in several facilities detailed a surgical procedure that the patient I was seeing did not have performed two months ago as documented. Someone had committed fraud and got a free surgery. I called the orthopedist who did it and he said that person never showed up for the follow-up :xmad:
    Wow. It's hard to imagine that they'd admit and cut on someone without a photo ID. When our son had his belly button hernia, I pretty much ID'd myself 40x and signed everything but him away...

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The signatures were clearly different, but who's to say anyone would go back and confirm that the photoID presented day of surgery looks different than one six months ago?

Also, it's just a paperwork step to be completed, not an interrogation. I'm guessing it could be totally different than the actual person and many would not notice.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    As far as food stamps go how do people make so much money but still get approved? Gross household income limit for three person household is $2056 a month. That's not very much for three people. Yeah these people are milking the system but are they milking it enough to have savings or a large beautiful house or a six months emergency fund? Are they able to save for retirement or are they just getting by paycheck to paycheck. Welfare doesn't seem all that its cracked up to be. I don't think the system is working properly but it doesn't seem like these people are making out like bank robbers. They probably just blow all the money and have no savings when the money runs out. I've seen it firsthand with people on unemployment. Where are the programs to teach these people financial literacy? It's not taught in schools or to the people who receive assistance. Why not? I know you can't force people to learn but some people do need help they just aren't very good with finances.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    The signatures were clearly different, but who's to say anyone would go back and confirm that the photoID presented day of surgery looks different than one six months ago?
    Medicaid/Medicare might. Fraud, prison time, fines, plus being barred from any federal program for both parties involved. Maybe even punishment for those who performed the procedures.

Medicaid fraud hurts the honest people. :(

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Medicaid/Medicare might. Fraud, prison time, fines, plus being barred from any federal program for both parties involved. Maybe even punishment for those who performed the procedures.

Medicaid fraud hurts the honest people. :(

Yeah, we are pursuing this one. I spoke to the police and our hospital administration.

In regards to why they get approved, it's as simple as tax fraud and filing fraudulent income reports and a cash economy.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Sounds like being stupid not rich to me. When the gravy train runs out you're screwed. I guess they could sell the Cadillac tho...

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    As far as food stamps go how do people make so much money but still get approved? Gross household income limit for three person household is $2056 a month. That's not very much for three people. Yeah these people are milking the system but are they milking it enough to have savings or a large beautiful house or a six months emergency fund? Are they able to save for retirement or are they just getting by paycheck to paycheck. Welfare doesn't seem all that its cracked up to be. I don't think the system is working properly but it doesn't seem like these people are making out like bank robbers. They probably just blow all the money and have no savings when the money runs out. I've seen it firsthand with people on unemployment. Where are the programs to teach these people financial literacy? It's not taught in schools or to the people who receive assistance. Why not? I know you can't force people to learn but some people do need help they just aren't very good with finances.

What most people consider financial literacy involves a series of value judgements that paying your bills, having some savings for emergencies, and eating modestly every day of the month is better than cheating your creditors, being constantly broke, and having steak and lobster for a week and relying on food pantries to survive the rest of the month.
    Trying to teach "financial literacy" would involve imposing middle-class values on people who don't believe those things are important. Some of them get their self esteem from how well they game the system and cheat their creditors.

Top Bottom