• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    At least one Wal-Mart in Lafayette is carrying firearms again. Have been for a few months now.

No parades, no fan-fare, just a quiet re-introduction to the sporting goods department.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    As far as the Indianapolis-proper stores... Or the stores in the immediate suburbs of Indy (like Greenwood, for instance)... Chances are good that you'll never see firearms sold at those stores.

If you can remember, you'll notice that these stores have NEVER had firearms; whereas many other (older) stores had them, then phased them out, and now have them again.

It is my understanding that the "no firearms in these stores" were all about getting zoning / permit / licensing / etc approval in order to build the stores in the first place.

Don't know if there are sunsets to those agreements or not, but I'd still not expect firearms at any "Big City" Walmart stores.

Though the Brownsburg example gives me hope that towns in the doughnut suburbs will follow suit.

-J-

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Cool deal,
    Now hopefully Avon will do the same
    Don't count on it. I have talked to the sporting goods people and to the managers. they have no intentions of expanding their firearms and ammunition selection in any way. Maybe if we all went in and asked them to carry firearms they might.:dunno:

I do give credit to the guy that works there on Saturday morning at least admitting he is against it because he "doesn't know anything about them and doesn't want to give bad information"

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Just got back from the Carmel/Westfield Wal-mart. Not a firearm to be seen. Considering how many firearm dealers there are in the area, as in none, they are missing out on a potentially large amount of business.

FormerHoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    Texas
    Here in Texas many of the rural Walmarts have firearms. Most all of the city and country stores carry ammunition. God Bless Texas, Hoosiers and now Walmart!

CJK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Indy
    Premier is about a mile away in downtown Brownsburg, a nice local shop with good folks behind the counter. They know guns and always have the keys to the cabinets. (no I have no connection to Premier other than being a good customer)

As someone else pionted out in the replies, Walmart doesnt have that good of prices (I dont know that for sure as I dont support Walart) on firearms.

For all the talking on here about doing whats right why not do he right thing and support the local gun shops.

I'll get off my soapbox now...

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Premier is about a mile away in downtown Brownsburg, a nice local shop with good folks behind the counter. They know guns and always have the keys to the cabinets. (no I have no connection to Premier other than being a good customer)

As someone else pionted out in the replies, Walmart doesnt have that good of prices (I dont know that for sure as I dont support Walart) on firearms.

For all the talking on here about doing whats right why not do he right thing and support the local gun shops.

Because some shops are just way out there on pricing. I am not saying Premiere is (I do know they are :n00b: on what they charge for transfers..), but your argument could also be used to say "Why buy your ammo at Meijer? You should drive a mile down the road and get your stuff from Don. Support your local gun shops!"

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I'd be happy to support a lgs if their ammo prices were reasonable. Or easily accessible. Or open when I can get there. But most are not. So I buy online or at Wally-World.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    That's the $64,000 question!:): But it is good that they respond to their customers wishes, I'll give em that.

Nah, if they truely did they'd put someone in the sporting goods area that:
    1-you could find without a 20 minute search.
    2-actually had the friggin key's to the display case's.

If you want to study how not to do customer service, go to your local Wal-mart. They suck.

togden812

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    Osgood
    Nah, if they truely did they'd put someone in the sporting goods area that:
    1-you could find without a 20 minute search.
    2-actually had the friggin key's to the display case's.

If you want to study how not to do customer service, go to your local Wal-mart. They suck.

+1 on that.. :yesway:

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy

But your "doing the right thing" may not be the same as everyone else's. Some people need to save every penny possible and know they can get ammo and groceries there. Nothing wrong with that. It's your choice not to go there, that's fine too. But the simple fact that WalMart is going to sell guns again is impressive in the Indy area. Granted, they aren't doing it to benefit us, but it is a start.

Top Bottom