• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I know for a fact that WM stopped selling Handgun and Rifle (223/556 etc) ammo after the shooting at Walmart in...New Mexico? Could have the state wrong...

I believe they stopped making an effort to sell firearms as well. I haven't seen any firearms at my local Walmart in a very very long time.

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Seen this yesterday as well. My only question is how does storing it " in the back " any different ? Looters gonna loot.

I don't know. Sometimes out of sight is out of mind. I think most looters are probably looking for high end electronics. Of course they'd take guns if they were there, but are they going to actively scour the back rooms looking specifically for firearms? Most are probably looking to smash and grab.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I don't know. Sometimes out of sight is out of mind. I think most looters are probably looking for high end electronics. Of course they'd take guns if they were there, but are they going to actively scour the back rooms looking specifically for firearms? Most are probably looking to smash and grab.

This. And those fun toys arent just going to be on a shelf back there. There should be a hardened, locked cage/room for backstock of controlled items like that. That will be the saving grace if a store does get looted.

But once again, those mouth breathers arent typically smart enough to leave the sales floor. They dont watch the news. They'll run back there and most likely see empty shelves and think they are too late. And even if they do go in the back, they gotta get through more locked doors.

They're looking to smash and grab, not loiter in hopes of finding something of serious value.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I did hear today on the radio that they were putting all their firearms away in anticipation of election day violence / social unrest.

It was a piece on NPR about lots of companies picking up extra insurance for "social unrest"

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    This. And those fun toys arent just going to be on a shelf back there. There should be a hardened, locked cage/room for backstock of controlled items like that. That will be the saving grace if a store does get looted.

But once again, those mouth breathers arent typically smart enough to leave the sales floor. They dont watch the news. They'll run back there and most likely see empty shelves and think they are too late. And even if they do go in the back, they gotta get through more locked doors.

They're looking to smash and grab, not loiter in hopes of finding something of serious value.

Yup. They will typically be stored in a security cage with a cut resistant lock. Not impenetrable, but sure bets a glass front cabinet.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I guarantee that news stations have scheduled crews to be in the field Tuesday night for riot coverage.
    Media is doing everything within their power to ensure riots happen.

Top Bottom