• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    At the LGS seen a Walther p22, had a great feel, like setting it on post. Just curious if they have been plagued with problems. Wanting some thing me and my son can shoot together.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I have had one for over a year now and had no problems out of it. Only ammo I have fed it that it did not like was the winchester white box. I think it is a great little pistol and it is very cheap to shoot.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have had my p22 for several years now and am easily at 30,000 rounds through her. No problems, very nice shooter and very cheap to feed! :D

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Mine is very accurate and feels great in my hand. This is the only Walther I have ever owned, but I kind of like their magazine release too.

The only thing that drives me nuts is the wear on the slide. I was wondering if everyones P22 gets this same type of wear.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I have one that I like very much. My wife likes it even more; it's the only gun she actually shoots recreationally.

I have had feed issues with certain brands of ammo, but it isn't nearly as picky as my SIG Mosquito was.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Mine is very accurate and feels great in my hand. This is the only Walther I have ever owned, but I kind of like their magazine release too.

The only thing that drives me nuts is the wear on the slide. I was wondering if everyones P22 gets this same type of wear.

Yes. If the slide breaks or the hold open quits working S&W will fix it.

BTW I like mine but I don't shoot it nearly as much as I thought I would. I need more magazines but they are pricey for a fun gun. I also need a suppressor for it... :spend:

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Had the front site fall off several times. I use a fobus holster and when drawing to fire it would get knocked off. Tried to gorilla glue the site in but it didnt work. Also have had several ftf/fte but i dont care its for plinking and good practice for clearing jams. Just picked up a pk380 today the front site wont fall off, just gotta make sure the rear stays on:):

psalm91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    i owned one for more than 3 years now, i really like it because of its ergonomics, never have any problem until now, my wife likes it and i usually let our youth group at church use it everytime we go shooting. but i only use cci and federal ammo, the same with my sig mosquito, never jam and goes bang all the time. my wife likes it.

QingLong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I've had mine since '04 (back when it could be had for $250!), and still love it.
    Shoots great, fits small hands easily, and the magazine release is perfect, once you get used to it. One quirk about the safety, though: pulling the trigger with the safety on will still drop the hammer, meaning that in order to fire, you have to cock the hammer again before releasing the safety.
    This gun has proven to be my Walther entry drug, prompting me into an SW99 and, as of yesterday, a PPQ.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Bought the 1st of my 2 in 2003, it has had many thousands of round thru it without hiccup, well except for the occasional Remington bulk box dud, but everything else has gone bang regardless of the brand or quality. The second I got in 2006 and it has similar performance, but it does have a slightly annoying quirk. It won't chamber a round when when I use the slide release. I have to slingshot it when I do mag changes. Other than that it runs like it's older twin.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have out numerous rounds through my P22. The only issue I have had is with standard velocity ammo not cycling the slide. I typicaly only run CCI mini-mags through mine. It's a fun little plinker and pretty accurate.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I have one of the first imported German models, before S&W got involved with the P22.

Anyway after about 10 years or so & hundreds of thousands of rounds, mine is still running just fine, some minor issues like the slide mounted safety occasionally walking while being fired but any firearm with that many rounds through it is going to get a little loose.

I simply removed the slide mounted safety assembly & solved that problem, I have no real reason to send it back for repair or anything since it's just a range bag gun anyway & I'll probably never sell it off since everyone loves the little pistol & they will often argue about who get's to shoot it first when I take it out of the range bag.

We have definitely gotten our $250 investment out of that little pistol & then some.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    We (its my fiance's gun, but I have shot it more...) only have 400 rounds or so through ours, but no problems so far. It likes the CCI Minimags, but has a little problem with Remington bulkpack. It feeds them okay, but for whatever reason the safety slowly works itself on. Im not really sure what is causing it, but it isnt really a big deal.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    I have one and its ok. Slide wear bothers me a bit, the front sight fell off, is real ammo picky. If I were to buy another id splurge and get the 4.9 inch with a OD green frame. But instead I just picked up a GSG 1911 and a Ruger Mk III lol

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I love mine, great little gun! Some of the early ones had problems but they all seem to be fixed. You can look online (someone will probably post the link) that has the problems associated with their respective serial numbers.

If the price is decent, I wouldn't hesitate to pick it up

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    got one and love shooting it. mine's OD green, but I really like come of the other options out there. mine does well with cci minimags.

Top Bottom