• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ludlow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I've had mine for a few years, no problems, but can be finicky with ammo. Mine doesn't seem to like the bulk box ammo but I've had no problems when running Mini-mags.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I have one, it runs like a champ. It will feed just about anything, even subsonic ammo. All the kids love to shoot it, it's become a great teaching platform especially for the younger ones.

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    I admit I didn't read the OP at all. I've owned two p22's and would love to sell the second. These guns have been nothing but trouble. The sight fell off the front, it wouldn't feed, wouldn't eject, stove piped, you name it. Sent that one back. Was told it was the mag spring. WRONG. Sent it back in pieces and requested a new pistol which to their credit, they did give me. This one is better but still needs to be cleaned after around 50 rounds. I hate these guns.

I have a Ruger 22/45 that functions flawlessly and had over 500 rounds through it before I cleaned it. Cleaning is another story though.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Dang... I've got around 500 rounds maybe more thru mine with no feeding or ejection problems. Unplated Blazer ammo did lead up the barrel once, which was a pain to remove, but they did feed and eject fine. Switched over to Mini Mags and had no further problems with that. It just goes bang everytime I pull the trigger.

My P22 is very accurate, and is just plain fun AND cheap to shoot. Another nice thing about it is, it and my PK380 fit the same holster.:yesway:

jdg0724

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Plainfield
    The P22 is a great gun. Ive had mine for about three years. I think they had some issues with them at first, but the ones they have produced over the past few years have been much better. Like all .22 cal guns, they can be finicky on ammo, but every gun is different. Some people have 0 problems while others have countless issues. I had a few feed issues at first, but after about 500 rounds everything has been good. Also, the P22 makes a great host for a suppressor if you are into that kind of stuff. I also have a GSG 1911 .22 and it is a great gun too.

Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Brownings 1911-22 is the best .22 on the market now. You might pay a little more because of its popularity but its a very sweet little weapon.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Get a Bersa Thunder .22 instead.

As many reports of cracked slides as I've seen I'll never buy one. That said I have two friends that are happy with theirs.

abmears

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I've had mine for probably 5 years and had no problems. It seems to be kinda picky on ammo, but shoots remington really well.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang every time.

only issue Ive ever had was ammo related, ie multiple primer strikes on a round and it never ignited.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    My P22, even ate Remington bulk pack golden bullets this weekend, which my G22 bullpup totally fell on it's face with, and it sounds like your playing music with my revolver, since each round sounds different.

Bruno8pnk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2010
    we have a couple never had any problems, may need to try a few different brands of ammo to see what it likes. Happy shooting!

Top Bottom