Wanna stop a future AWB? Then get your butt in here now!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Anybody remember Bill Akins? The guy in Florida who is fighting the ATF in court over the "machine gun" case? He signed up to organize in FL! Lots of contacts and lots of support! It's getting on the ball over there!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I wanted to share this post as it shows the passion some have for this movement. Whether or not it's inspiring or controversial I leave up to you to decide. Either way, I like it and I'm glad he's on our side!

Bill Akins wrote:
    gundoctor wrote:

I don't envision a the March at this time as being a demonstration, neither a peaceful or aggressive one.

What the 2nd amendment needs now is not for the average American to visualize it as an armed militia ready to "take Washington". It needs to be perceived for what it is: an armed citizenry that protects us from all enemies of the freedoms we love---foreign, domestic, terrorist, and criminal--and that makes our neighborhoods and way of life safer, not riskier.

The mindset we need at this moment (and need to display for others) is not aggression or threat. That is a sure way to intimidating the masses that they need the government and law to protect them from us (guns). This is exactly what the current economic crisis has done--scared people into compromising their freedoms. That is exactly the same thing that 9-11 did: scared people into compromising their freedoms.

There is a time and place for all types of action, but any action has a reaction, and often not an equal and opposite one. This needs to be thought through. It is not just about the "rightness" of our actions....It is about the reaction of others to them.

I respectfully disagree.

Here's why.

You stated...." It needs to be perceived for what it is: an armed citizenry that protects us from all enemies of the freedoms we love---foreign, domestic, terrorist, and criminal--and that makes our neighborhoods and way of life safer, not riskier. "

Where was the "armed citizenry protecting" (that you spoke of) when Ruby Ridge and Waco were going down? Where was the "protection" of masses of armed citizens helping Randy Weaver's family and the Branch Davidians?
    Where was the "protection" of masses of armed citizens helping the people being disarmed during hurricane Katrina?

I'll tell you where they were. They were totally unaware, unorganized and unknowing of what they could do to help even if they had the will to do so. The timing of tyrannical attacks simply does not allow an aroused armed citizenry to respond in time to be effective.

This is how it works. Tyranny comes for INDIVIDUALS quickly kicking in their doors, and the "armed citizenry" is either totally UNAWARE of that event in time to help, or else has no idea how to organize as to what to do to help in time for that help to be viable and prevent tyranny prevailing against those individuals it attacked. And tyranny wins. Every time.

So much for the "armed citizenry" helping each and every one of us out if we are attacked individually by tyrannical forces.
    As I said, it simply does not work that way. The only way an armed citizenry can be effective is in large ongoing battles that take much time to complete so that tyranny cannot complete its task before citizens were there to help combat it, or else in guerrilla warfare tactics. So don't count on your neighbors helping out if your door gets kicked in by surprise.
    Again....it simply does not work that way. And the forces of tyranny know it.

You stated..."The mindset we need at this moment (and need to display for others) is not aggression or threat."

I am reminded of one of our fore fathers saying...."There are those who cry "PEACE, PEACE", but there is no peace".

When has lack of force historically been a motivator against tyranny?

I believe an unarmed, peaceful march on Washington D.C., with the unspoken, peaceful yet implied "threat" of FUTURE violent "agression" if we are not listened to when we protest peacefully, ......is PRECISELY what we need. You warn a bully once. After that you punch him in the mouth. It really is that simple. Getting people to face the reality of this truth, is far from simple.

Our representatives need to be put on notice by a peaceful march on Washington D.C., that if they do not listen to us when we in large numbers protest peacefully, then they must understand, that it is clear,...... that they leave us no other peaceful options in the future.

I think many people are actually afraid to bring this out in the open because it forces them to the realization that there may be no way to peacefully retain our 2nd amendment rights, and that is something a lot of people simply do not want to think about. Oh it is fine when people speak about what the 2nd amendment is ULTIMATELY for, but when it actually comes to the point that people are forced to realize that they may have to actually fight and die to preserve their liberties exactly as the 2nd amendment intended, suddenly they want to shy away from making it clear what the 2nd amendment is for.

If we are not willing to peacefully intimidate our representatives into listening to us, then what would make anyone think we were willing to fight and die to get them to listen to us?

If people are not willing to peacefully march to send this clear peaceful, yet intimidating message, and if necessary fight and die to preserve their freedoms, then they do not deserve their 2nd amendment freedoms.

If we recognize that the 2nd amendment is ultimately for the people to be able to overthrow tyranny form WITHIN or without, by armed force, then we must not be afraid or embarrassed, or intimidated by political correctness into not conveying that clear message of our fore father's intent when they drafted the 2nd amendment.

Forget what anti gun press and liberals think. They are our enemy. We must be unashamed and unafraid to convey the message that we are marching peaceful THIS TIME. But if our representatives do not listen, they will reap what the 2nd amendment was originally designed for. And they will reap it PERSONALLY not just their pawn hired mercenaries. Just as surely as the Royalty of France reaped it during their revolution.

Unless we send this message peacefully yet CLEARLY, tyranny just laughs at our impotence.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Wow, Rep. Visclosky's statement scares the hell out of me. "I support the possession of legal firearms by responsible law abiding citizens."

Since when was he moved to the executive branch? His job is not to enforce laws... it's to create laws. Since, as a legislator, he has the power to determine what's a "legal" firearm, his statement means absolutely nothing.

It's like me saying I'll allow anybody in my restaurant... anybody I'll allow, that is.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Get Serious

OK At the risk of being outcast and banished here goes -- As an attorney and someone who has represented interests at various political levels DO NOT start the general discussions re: organization with a chat forum entitled "Harry Stone". The liberals may not think the way we do but 20 years ago they sat their lazy asses in front of the TV instead of going hunting or fishing. Therefore -- They remember the old "Night Court" TV show where the judge was named Harry Stone. He was an interesting buffoon likable yes but a buffoon nonetheless. Nice try, but dammit if people truly get organized there are specialties designed at discrediting our cause and efforts that will chew this stuff up and make us look like ignorant rednecks and win an AWB round 2.
    So... maybe I should get off my own ass and help. What can I do? Please let me know. I don't want to just be the pr*** that throws stones if I have knowledge that could help

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    I guess it all has to do with what the nra did in 1986.I was a member and i
    remember well.Now we are in a catch 22.The fact is that the nra created
    this monster and are only looking out for their own interest.I welcome pm's
    to explain.And yes i was there through the bad times.I'm old but not shy.

AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Seems like the NRA is kind of lethargic and 'moderate' these days - can we really count on any help from them at this point? They sure didn't do much to oppose Holder, and I fear that with HB-45 all they will do is get a couple guns removed from the list or something, rather than steadfastly opposing the entire bill and entire concept, and clearly making it known why. When "expediency" results in bad outcomes, it is hard to rationalize.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well, as with our Reps, how about we mass flood them with letters too? Doesn't work with our Reps, maybe it will work with them? :dunno:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Has a "site coordinator" been "assigned" for INGO?

I have an idea but don't want to set on any toes before I present it.

Thanks

I think SavageEagle has been updating most of the info here but I don't know if there is an official Site Coordinator.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The guys this whole thread was started about seriously lacked any real substance. I've since concentrated of late on the Tea Party Movement as it's the movement that, while they're not 2A specific, is fighting for ALL our rights in general. I will be at the Indy 1500 Gun Show with plenty of information and probably some CD media. I have another thread started where I will update this information. If the 2A website ever starts doing anything of real substance I will let you all know if you don't find out before me. I just didn't agree with sending 2x4's to all these nuts in D.C. because I knew they would ignore it.

If you want to get involved with a group that is ALL OVER helping our rights, against Big Government and Big Spending and taxes and getting representitives elected that are NOT career politicians....

Then I suggest checking out the Indy Defenders of Liberty. We may appear to be idle since the Tea Party's Apr. 15th, but we are feverishly working behind the scenes to make more things happen.

Top Bottom