• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    If I had to do it over again I would work for Carmel, Westfield, Fishers, or Hamilton County SO. For area departments they definitely have the best equipment and good pay.
    Sometimes I think that then other times I think I would have been bored. Yeah, more than likely bored. It's the "good" runs that make this job.

keiths34

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    hopkinsville
    So with there only being around 20 spots available for the upcoming class in October, and them pushing some up from the 9th to the 10th, how is that going to work exactly?

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    If I had to do it over again I would work for Carmel, Westfield, Fishers, or Hamilton County SO. For area departments they definitely have the best equipment and good pay.

I'm in the process for Fishers too. Passed the PFT, have written test next weekend. IMPD was the first department I applied to (back in February) and my thought process through all of this was they would be my first choice if they do in fact pick me. However, obviously it would be nice to get multiple offers and get to chose which one I want. Back when I did the written test for Carmel I remember the head recruiter talking about how they had some of the best equipment, pay, and benefits of any department in the state. Of course, Hamilton Co. isn't the cheapest place to live either ;)

So with there only being around 20 spots available for the upcoming class in October, and them pushing some up from the 9th to the 10th, how is that going to work exactly?

Wondering this too.. Would be nice if they could push it to at least 30 spots. With me turning 35 in October, I am really hoping I get picked for this class.

keiths34

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    hopkinsville
    I'm in the process for Fishers too. Passed the PFT, have written test next weekend. IMPD was the first department I applied to (back in February) and my thought process through all of this was they would be my first choice if they do in fact pick me. However, obviously it would be nice to get multiple offers and get to chose which one I want. Back when I did the written test for Carmel I remember the head recruiter talking about how they had some of the best equipment, pay, and benefits of any department in the state. Of course, Hamilton Co. isn't the cheapest place to live either ;)

Wondering this too.. Would be nice if they could push it to at least 30 spots. With me turning 35 in October, I am really hoping I get picked for this class.

Best of luck to you, sounds like you have a good chance!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Please pardon my ignorance, but tell me, what is a "good" run ?????
    Catching criminals in progress...burglars, robbers, carjackers, rapists, murders....catching the worst of the worst. It gives you a unique perspective on life in general that cannot be duplicated.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    For anyone interested, Avon is testing this weekend (PFT and written), today is last day to register on their website. According to their FB page they have 2 open spots..

Still in waiting with IMPD (background phase).

I have my oral interview with Fishers PD next week. Still waiting to hear back on whether I passed the orals with Speedway and Carmel.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN

BUT, there is a something to be said for working for a large city department. Maybe not in the PD world, but the fire world there is. If I were to tell someone out of town I worked for warren twp fire department you typically get a "oh".... but when you say the Indianapolis fire department, there is almost a level of respect (maybe not the right word) given by default.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    BUT, there is a something to be said for working for a large city department. Maybe not in the PD world, but the fire world there is. If I were to tell someone out of town I worked for warren twp fire department you typically get a "oh".... but when you say the Indianapolis fire department, there is almost a level of respect (maybe not the right word) given by default.

Big city firemen are heroes, big city cops are *******s. At least that is the public perception.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Got an email today saying the interim PFT has been cancelled.. No reason given. Just says the academy is still set to start on schedule (end of October) and we will all be notified of our status at a later time.

keiths34

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    hopkinsville
    Update.... Will be going to update my polygraph on Friday morning being that they are only good for 6 months. No other info was given as to how many applicants they are looking to accept into the academy or how many are left. Good luck to all.

Top Bottom