• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Does anyone know when the next board meeting is scheduled / when decisions will be made?

Very curious of this myself. My boss is asking me when I might know and I just keep telling him I'll let him know as soon as I know. I'm not in a position that can be replaced super quickly so I hope they let us know with as much notice as possible.

keiths34

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    hopkinsville
    You won't get much notice...if history is any indicator.

The applicants for the 9th class were notified just less than 2 weeks from the start of the academy. So applicants werent able to fulfill a full 2 week notice to current employers. Hopefully we will have a touch more notice for this class.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    The applicants for the 9th class were notified just less than 2 weeks from the start of the academy. So applicants werent able to fulfill a full 2 week notice to current employers. Hopefully we will have a touch more notice for this class.

I understand they have limited resources but that is not good. After working for my current employer for 11 years I owe them more than that.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Keith, were you notified at any point that your background was complete prior to the final weeks before the academy? My status on the background portal is still listed as "under investigation"

Thanks

keiths34

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    hopkinsville
    Keith, were you notified at any point that your background was complete prior to the final weeks before the academy? My status on the background portal is still listed as "under investigation"

Thanks

Negative. I haven't checked the background portal for some time but will do shortly to confirm that is hasn't changed recently.

keiths34

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    hopkinsville

Thanks

Just checked my background portal, and it still says "under investigation" as well. So unless you have a very extensive background, or have some reason to be concerned about the background, you are fine more than likely.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Hopefully we will find something out soon, I'm chomping at the bit :)

Got some other good news recently. Turns out that after testing and oral boards I'm ranked in the top 10 applicants for Fishers PD going into the backgrounds. They mailed me a background packet today. I've heard that Fishers is a very good department to work for.

keiths34

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    hopkinsville
    Hopefully we will find something out soon, I'm chomping at the bit :)

Got some other good news recently. Turns out that after testing and oral boards I'm ranked in the top 10 applicants for Fishers PD going into the backgrounds. They mailed me a background packet today. I've heard that Fishers is a very good department to work for.

Dude, That's awesome!! Congrats on you're ranking!

keiths34

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    hopkinsville
    According to the FOP Calendar, the merit board is scheduled to meet again Oct 7th. So I'd assume we will hear something shortly after that meeting. But who knows. lol

Top Bottom