• ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Nice!!! Both VZ54s??? Tell us more!

Top on is a 1957 VZ54 that was upgraded by the Czech to VZ54/91 configuration with the addition of a new stock with both adjustable comb and butt stock as well as a provision for a bi-pod, and a Russian I.R. PSO 4x scope.

The bottom on is a 56 VZ54 with the Czech 3.5x scope. It has several features that are "Mauser Like" including the use of capture screws on the action and the hand gaurd wrapping the front sight. The scope on the VZ54 is a rare bird and will only fit the VZ54.

Most of the VZ54's where imported without there scopes and as of yet there is no explanation as to what became of them, or the ones that where removed from the ones upgraded to VZ54/91 configuration.

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Maybe readers would be interested to know if these were built on old Mosin actions, or if they were all brand new Czech creations. I would.

Les

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Maybe readers would be interested to know if these were built on old Mosin actions, or if they were all brand new Czech creations. I would.

Les

They where built on Russian Furnished actions, and the Czech's had to got through a lot to find actions that meet there high standards.

Here is a link to an article written by the historians at CZ Arms detailing the devolopment of the VZ54. ( it loads upsidedown for some reason so you will have to rotate it when opening it)

http://7.62x54r.net/VZ54.pdf

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Agreed. OP, here is a trio of unissued late date M39s. 1968, 1969, and 1970. Since this photo I have added the missing 1967 to my collection.

Les

DSCF3950_2.jpg
    C

Oh, very, very, nice! :yesway::yesway:
    While the Russian Ladies are nice, I like my sexy Czech Ladies the most

That VZ 54 makes me drool every time I see it.:drool:

The Russian ladies are nice, and the Czech ladies are nice, too, but there is nothing like a long legged Finn beauty to get my blood pumping.:grabass:
    1941 VKT M91
    42vktm91.jpg

Or a couple of her twin cousins. Both 1941 VKT M39's.:ladiesman:

6bjk.jpg

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Oh, very, very, nice! :yesway::yesway:

That VZ 54 makes me drool every time I see it.:drool:

The Russian ladies are nice, and the Czech ladies are nice, too, but there is nothing like a long legged Finn beauty to get my blood pumping.:grabass:
    1941 VKT M91
    42vktm91.jpg

Or a couple of her twin cousins. Both 1941 VKT M39's.:ladiesman:

6bjk.jpg

Very nice Finns John, Scandanavian Beauties for sure.

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    More times than not, it's a cleaning issue. If you google it or look on youtube, you'll find lots of ways to clean the bore. I'm curious though... when you say "cheap steel case ammo", are talking about something like Wolf? I ask because surplus brass ammo is MUCH cheaper than commercial steel case.

I was shooting Tula through it. I cleaned it with hot water and brake parts cleaner and then CLP. I'll try out acetone when it gets warm enough to do it outside.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pistolpete68
    Top Bottom