• ...and so much more!
  • gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Why put in extra policies when we just had a big discussion on here a few weeks ago about how the alphabet boys don’t even fine the FFL’s that they catch selling guns without paperwork in the parking lot for cash...
    Well, with the feds sending a "gun trafficking strike force" to Chicago to investigate the Indiana FFL's that are the sole source of illegal guns in Chiraq, it might make more sense to go a bit overboard.

It still sux.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    A coworker kept getting delays.
    He got a UPIN.
    He still got delays.
    He called the FBI to ask why he still gets delayed with a UPIN.
    He was told, the UPIN doesn't prevent the delays, and that he'd just have to deal with it.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    A coworker kept getting delays.
    He got a UPIN.
    He still got delays.
    He called the FBI to ask why he still gets delayed with a UPIN.
    He was told, the UPIN doesn't prevent the delays, and that he'd just have to deal with it.
    That is disappointing. I used to get occasional hour long delays when I used a FFL that called in the 4473. I've never had a delay using the electronic 4473 and my SSN.

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    The law does not state they MUST release after 3 days. To say they don't support the 2A is ********. What's the big deal? If you are routinely denied or pending, get a PIN and stop your ****ing whining. They are just trying to keep the .gov from crawling up their ass and erring on the side of caution. NB
    Nope ,do not agree.
    Jm2c

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I for one don't like to see businesses choosing to wait until the NICS comes back on a delay. This kind of behavior gives the feds another avenue to to attack gun sales from. The 3 day rule encourages them to try to keep up with the NICS system. If companies choose not to use the 3 day system then all the gov. has to do is cause delays in the NICS dept (understaffing) and that alone will slow down the sale of guns if enough companies wait on them to get the NICS check done no matter how how long it takes.
    If you think the feds are concerned about you waiting 3 days or 30 days for your purchase you are deluding yourself. If they cared about the system being efficient people be waiting 9 months for suppressor paperwork to come back.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    That is disappointing. I used to get occasional hour long delays when I used a FFL that called in the 4473. I've never had a delay using the electronic 4473 and my SSN.

I never had a delay until I bought a suppressor three or so years ago. The store that I got it from did a background check before I could take it home and I got delayed. I've been delayed every time since.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    If you have a common name and or don't want your SS# on the 4473..............expect a wait.
    Even when you explain that to some folks they think otherwise.

Or maybe its not common, but there is somebody w same name thats gotten into trouble.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    ‘Stores like that don’t believe in 2nd A….just corporation trying to make a $ and don’t care about the actual community’
    I would call that a pretty valid assessment of the corporation. Another thing I don't think most have noticed, you won't find an American flag inside or outside the building.. Way to WOKE for me. I'll spend my money down the road at Parabellum where they fly the flag.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I never had a delay until I bought a suppressor three or so years ago. The store that I got it from did a background check before I could take it home and I got delayed. I've been delayed every time since.
    Oooooh...

...and this is why I will never sign off on the muffler/NFA stuff.

:nailbite::n00b::tinfoil::whistle::shady:

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I dunno about that - I bought a handgun from Greensburg Rural King and walked 20 minutes later with it out the front door.

I've never had to "wait" to purchase a firearm - in state or outta state.
    Its only if you get delayed. Normally after 3 or 5 days of no response from your background check the LGS Can go ahead and transfer your purchase to you. I know because I get delayed everytime. So does my son. Mind you I have never had anything more than a speeding ticket. Obviously someone with our same name last name or something has done something and they investigate further. I dont mind the 3 day wait enough to go get the unique pin number. I know of a Marion County Sheriff that gets delayed. Its a common thing. I just want to know in advance that that is there practice and I will shop accordingly

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    If only state were forced to adhere to the restrictions placed upon it in the Second Amendment to the constitution of the united States.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    If you think the feds are concerned about you waiting 3 days or 30 days for your purchase you are deluding yourself. If they cared about the system being efficient people be waiting 9 months for suppressor paperwork to come back.
    Maybe reread what I posted and ask yourself if I said the feds are concerned about us having to wait. In fact I think they could care less which is why I think FFL's should proceed with the transaction after the 3 days, therefore eliminating the feds power to slow people down even more by waiting as long as they want to complete the NICS check.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Back when I worked in a gun shop, I found that calling in was always much faster and fewer delays than electronic submissions. It really seemed to depend on the day of the week. Friday and Saturday usually resulted in more delays, every other day of the week, calling in would get much better results, with far fewer delays.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And from talking to a guy from Dicks (as he was walking me to the register to pay for the 10/22 loss leader sale and nothing else. The ONLY time I buy from them. :lmfao: ) He mentioned that they almost NEVER call back. They have grown accustomed to stores just releasing the gun anyway. He had a guy try for 2 months to buy a gun, but always got delayed, and they NEVER called back to approve him.

Support your LGS, folks. You may pay a few bucks more, but its worth it. You're paying for some little girl's dance lessons or soccer shoes, not to line some investor's pocket.

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    Its only if you get delayed. Normally after 3 or 5 days of no response from your background check the LGS Can go ahead and transfer your purchase to you. I know because I get delayed everytime. So does my son. Mind you I have never had anything more than a speeding ticket. Obviously someone with our same name last name or something has done something and they investigate further. I dont mind the 3 day wait enough to go get the unique pin number. I know of a Marion County Sheriff that gets delayed. Its a common thing. I just want to know in advance that that is there practice and I will shop accordingly
    That’s just it, they won’t inform and restrict the salesperson from informing, when you come to pickup they ask if you got a phone call! Spend you money how you want I’m just trying to inform!!!!!

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    And from talking to a guy from Dicks (as he was walking me to the register to pay for the 10/22 loss leader sale and nothing else. The ONLY time I buy from them. :lmfao: ) He mentioned that they almost NEVER call back. They have grown accustomed to stores just releasing the gun anyway. He had a guy try for 2 months to buy a gun, but always got delayed, and they NEVER called back to approve him.

Support your LGS, folks. You may pay a few bucks more, but its worth it. You're paying for some little girl's dance lessons or soccer shoes, not to line some investor's pocket.
    Who do you think works in these evil stores? Local people just trying to get soccer shoes and little girl dance lesson also.

Just pointing this out :whistle:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    As witness to how the central state is out of its cage....

Dad gave me a ride over to Kmart where I plunked down cash from my paper route and walked away with a new piece of property in the exchange...a Glenfield rifle.

One thing that is unfortunate is that many folks believe current infringements have always been that way, "normal", or at least "acceptable".....FAR from it folks.

On so many levels, the central state is WELL beyond its boundaries.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg

I use the same justification for supporting the local strippers….they’ve got “nursing school” to pay for babe.

Top Bottom