WARNING: Glock Doc at Indy 1500 RIP OFF!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    No direct experience with Glock Doc or any Glock armorers as of yet (mine goes bang, steel goes ping, so I leave it at that).

However, as one who runs a small store - 40% is not out of line for a local store to base retail off. Small guys, small stores, local anyone cannot survive long playing the "match online wholesale prices" game. I have seen more shops close that way and then when the locals complain there is no local store, you always hear someone say "Yeah, they charged too much". Too bad "local" is no longer valued in dollars because that is why you no longer have a local store.

So, despite any other sins, I feel no particular pain about someone turning $26 into $39. IF you could have gotten it for $26 and added in $7 s/h then the question is - "Is $6 worth having a local person to talk to and get things right now?"

If that is robbery - then be sure to ask wallmart to start carrying everything for you because that is all your are gonna have left in options other than the UPS man.

Don't take this a defense of someone I have no experience with, but do think on it when dealing with small local dealers in any field. You want us to be there to answer 50 questions? Then pay extra for the widgets.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Why didnt you get a refund when he sold you the wrong part and you knew it?

Its amazing this guy can get over on people in the day and age of internet on cell phones. Buyer be ware is right, especially at gun shows.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    No direct experience with Glock Doc or any Glock armorers as of yet (mine goes bang, steel goes ping, so I leave it at that).

However, as one who runs a small store - 40% is not out of line for a local store to base retail off. Small guys, small stores, local anyone cannot survive long playing the "match online wholesale prices" game. I have seen more shops close that way and then when the locals complain there is no local store, you always hear someone say "Yeah, they charged too much". Too bad "local" is no longer valued in dollars because that is why you no longer have a local store.

So, despite any other sins, I feel no particular pain about someone turning $26 into $39. IF you could have gotten it for $26 and added in $7 s/h then the question is - "Is $6 worth having a local person to talk to and get things right now?"

If that is robbery - then be sure to ask wallmart to start carrying everything for you because that is all your are gonna have left in options other than the UPS man.

Don't take this a defense of someone I have no experience with, but do think on it when dealing with small local dealers in any field. You want us to be there to answer 50 questions? Then pay extra for the widgets.

This.

The only thing I can add to that, is if you want to complain about what someone feels their time is worth, learn to do it YOURSELF and you have ZERO reason to complain.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I used to sell all those same things that Nick does at the 1500 show. I had previously set-up there since late '87 when I got home from active duty. I eventually gave up all the Titanium stuff and let Nick sell it all as I can't justify digging into the pockets of Glock lovers for stuff it never really needs. I stuck to selling holster & custom knives. I now no longer attend any shows as a dealer/merely a spectator.

Like what was said before...buyer beware. I tried to give ecerybody a good deal. Some may not know who I am but some may remember this Korean Hillbilly.

Good luck to all! :ingo:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    A long time ago, I had T. R. Graham work on my Glock 23. Seemed like a very competent armorer with lots of practical knowledge. Of course, that is when the Glock had only been out for a few years.

Now, we have 12 bazillion "experts" selling their wares as official Glock armorers. Like other posters have mentioned, Buyer Beware.

kilo11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Avon,IN
    I think some here have lost sight of this thread. I hear a lot of people saying, "dont complain, if your the one that paid for it". Well, that's not exactly the point. I was willing to pay $40 for a $30 part in order to have it right now. However, I would not want to pay $40 for a $15 part, which is what he sold me. Not only that, but I don't want others to go out and get ripped off on a part they didn't have the pricing knowledge on. Not everyone knows who Ghost Inc. is and not everyone needs something right now. So, if you can wait, go get it for less from the actual company making the product. You can get on me all you want, but understand that I didn't really care to pay a little extra to get this Glock done on time. I just don't want to see anyone else get ripped off.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Why go shopping for a specific item and not know what the going rate is? It's your own fault you paid $40 and let him spoon feed you any story he wanted. Try doing your homework next time. He didn't rip you off, you just made an ignorant/blind purchase.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Why go shopping for a specific item and not know what the going rate is? It's your own fault you paid $40 and let him spoon feed you any story he wanted. Try doing your homework next time. He didn't rip you off, you just made an ignorant/blind purchase.

Did you read something I didn't? He clearly said he knew the price of the item he was looking for and the Glock Doc sold him something else in its place. I mean, I gathered that quite easily from what he said. If he needed one part for said price and was sold another which was of much less value in its place, that's definitely a rip-off and not what he asked for.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    So did 'ol Nick ever get his Glock armorer certification back? Last I talked to him, he called his status something else...

Nick does charge alot for stuff that one can get cheaper at any internet site, brick and mortar, etc... Using the brick and mortar concept in his case is asinine b/c the standard dealer sells stuff like that for WAYY cheaper (not a HUGE fan of Bradis' pricing sometimes, but they do have Glock parts for a reasonable price).

Does Nick still tell his tales of him doing the Glocks for some government agency or the US Marshals? That's always good for a laugh. Especially when one of the Glocks he did "a trigger job" on that was in the hands of one of our customers at the range went full auto regularly.

Unless the quality of his services 180ed in the past few years, I would highly suggest that the average Glock owner get their parts somewhere, get a manual, learn how their Glock works, how to maintain them and take it apart, put it back together again. Once you get the pin thing downpat, it's easy peasy. "Glock Armorers" seem to be everywhere now. Learn to work on it yourself and never have to see an armorer again. The pistol is uber easy to deal with, get cracking. Heck, pistol maintenance, along with safety training, regular practice and promotion of the second amendment are all trademarks of a shooter, rather than just a gun owner. Any nitwit can just own a gun, it takes a truely responsible and intelligent person to be a shooter. :twocents:

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I went to my first 1500 in the spring of 09 and did talk to Glock Doc. That person did not feel right and I bought zero from him, at some points you should trust your instincts as they are usually right.

kilo11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Avon,IN
    Did you read something I didn't? He clearly said he knew the price of the item he was looking for and the Glock Doc sold him something else in its place. I mean, I gathered that quite easily from what he said. If he needed one part for said price and was sold another which was of much less value in its place, that's definitely a rip-off and not what he asked for.

Exactly! I knew about what the actual price was beforehand. I just really didn't care about paying a little more. But, what I got was a part that wasn't what I asked for. That's shady business. That's called a rip off. Everyone keeps talking about smart phones and IPads or whatever and that's a great idea. It wouldn't have made a difference. I still would have paid for a Rocket connector for $40. HE DIDN'T GIVE ME A ROCKET CONNECTOR. That's the issue.

I didn't believe his BS story either. The whole "he spoonfed you whatever story he wanted" is not true. Like I said like 4x already, you can get on me all you want, I just want people to know that Nick is a phony con-man with no moral compass. That's the moral of the story.

Thanks Dragon, for actually reading what was posted.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Does Nick still tell his tales of him doing the Glocks for some government agency or the US Marshals? That's always good for a laugh.

A friend of mine in the Indy US Marshals office asked me which guy was claiming to be the armorer for the Marshals. They don't have one. Now I know who was making the claim.

Top Bottom