• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    To return to the reason for my posting this thread in the first place...... anyone know if Scott was part of INGO?

I did look through the member names and didn't see anything. I even tried to go through your iTrader ratings to see if anything stood out and didn't see anything.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hence why I don't mess around with commercial type *firearms. Believe it or not some people make their own, and of those that do some of them end in pieces. Go down to the store pick up a few, and leave the big stuff to the professionals. I have friend is talking about light of some sort of "gas bomb" type things, and he's invited me to watch. I may go, but if I do, I'm going to be a pretty good distance away.

Edit: *fireworks

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Hence why I don't mess around with commercial type firearms. Believe it or not some people make their own, and of those that do some of them end in pieces. Go down to the store pick up a few, and leave the big stuff to the professionals. I have friend is talking about light of some sort of "gas bomb" type things, and he's invited me to watch. I may go, but if I do, I'm going to be a pretty good distance away.

When I was a lowly electrical apprentice one of the plumbers would fill a pipe with acetylene and then ignite it when you walked in the room. One day after pulling this stunt many times he got pretty badly burned doing it to a co-worker. I have no sympathy for pranksters when the prank goes bad. Give him plenty of room!

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Hence why I don't mess around with commercial type firearms. Believe it or not some people make their own, and of those that do some of them end in pieces. Go down to the store pick up a few, and leave the big stuff to the professionals. I have friend is talking about light of some sort of "gas bomb" type things, and he's invited me to watch. I may go, but if I do, I'm going to be a pretty good distance away.

Over 20 years ago there was a guy who built his own fireworks because his dad always had. He stuffed a 3" 3/8" wall pipe with blackpowder and lit it in front of his family. Shrapnel cut his wife in half and more shrapnel imbedded in the wall of a house down the road. Not sure what a safe distance is.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Over 20 years ago there was a guy who built his own fireworks because his dad always had. He stuffed a 3" 3/8" wall pipe with blackpowder and lit it in front of his family. Shrapnel cut his wife in half and more shrapnel imbedded in the wall of a house down the road. Not sure what a safe distance is.

Ok well, looks like I'm free this weekend

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

It sounded shady to begin with something about an electrical charge at the bottom of a bucket or trashcan or something, and then its filled with gas, and they light them off. It looked cool on the internet, but it also seemed like potentially a "Hey ya'll watch this" last words situation.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    My Aunt's husband pulled a bonehead stunt about 30 years ago. He always made a trip to Missouri to bring back a LOT of bigger fireworks. After a few days of little sleep him and his brother (both in their 30's) decided to light off a few that you drop down tubes. Well his brother grabbed one that was missing its fuse so he tore his fuse in half and gave it to his brother. Then he lit his half fused firework and dropped it down the tube. It literally blew up in his face! The only thing that saved his face was the ER doc had served in Nam and had experience with powder burns on the face. For the next few weeks he had to put Crisco on his face while it healed.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Latest im hearing is this guy lit the fuse before putting it in the tube. I've, in the past, lit off plenty of 3-5" mortars. They are made to be set off electronically. The wicks are pretty long at about 3' but they go the length in at most 3 seconds. When lit by hand. I feel really sorry for the family and friends of this guy. If you dont know what you're messing with, stay the f**k away. Obviously totally avoidable.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    This banter is not getting through apparently. Stop being stupid with firearms. Safe space is always an option but unproductive as you will not learn anything.

Nobody learns anything from your shtick because it teaches nothing about gun safety. Nobody is learning because you aren't teaching. You're just preaching in a condescending and arrogant manner, which is obviously driving people away. It's not a "safe space" when people realize you have nothing of import to add to the topic and decide not to wade through your delivery for no gain any longer. It surprises me you can't see that.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Nobody learns anything from your shtick because it teaches nothing about gun safety. Nobody is learning because you aren't teaching. You're just preaching in a condescending and arrogant manner, which is obviously driving people away. It's not a "safe space" when people realize you have nothing of import to add to the topic and decide not to wade through your delivery for no gain any longer. It surprises me you can't see that.
    I've come to the conclusion that he wishes to push as many people to ATM's side as possible...

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    QFT!

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Colonel Cat's 4 Rules for Fireworks:
    1) All fireworks go bang
    2) Don't be in the way of the bang
    3) Don't be too close to the bang
    4) Wait....it might go bang
    When Colonel Cat was young he had a firecracker go off before he could throw it and he suffered some powder burns while turning his fingers black, and that is where he got his nickname.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Heard some more second-hand details about this (Hebron is close by and I know people who know people). I won't get into the literally gory details, but the scene was grim- for you "Breaking Bad" fans, death of Gus Fring bad, maybe worse.

Prayers for the family and friends. This will be a hard one to get over.

As for the safety end of this, I have no reason to treat fireworks mortars differently than I did those heavy b@s@ards I trained on so many years ago- your head should be no where near the muzzle when you drop it in. This should be enough of a lesson for anyone who uses these things. Grim.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Really? This banter is getting real old. A firework exploded in the tube causing the problem. Guns weren't even involved.

Welcome to my ignore list.

Ever hear of the "Car alarm" factor?

Kirk seems determined to find if its true.

Top Bottom