• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Many here disagree but most of the rest of the country agrees that the Peace Corps is a valid way to serve the USA.

I had the same deal, I wanted to join the armed forces but wasn't allowed due to medical conditions.
    So I joined and served in the Peace Corps for two enlistments.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Old thread I know but i recently put in my application for the guard reserve. I went to this months drill and filled everything out and will hopefully be sworn in at Novembers drill. There are some really good folks that truly care about the community there. Im slowly getting my uniform and equipment put together.

I am still considering becoming an emt but need to get some steady income to pay for the classes.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Old thread I know but i recently put in my application for the guard reserve. I went to this months drill and filled everything out and will hopefully be sworn in at Novembers drill. There are some really good folks that truly care about the community there. Im slowly getting my uniform and equipment put together.

I am still considering becoming an emt but need to get some steady income to pay for the classes.

Sounds like you have a plan... Way to Go... :yesway:

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Thank ya!

I had a couple job interviews that seemed somewhat promising so hopefully it wont be much longer until i can afford the emt classes. We're also discussing a couple "job" options within the IGR.

And on a more exciting note the scar tissue is finally building up on my chest so maybe in a year or so i may be able to join one of the federal branches

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    That's just awesome all the way around! I know you have been working hard at these goals a long time. Keep up the good work!

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Just got an email saying i have been approved pending background check for enlistment in the IGR and i swear in on 20 Dec.

Maybe just maybe this time next year i can be taking another oath but for federal service.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Just got an email saying i have been approved pending background check for enlistment in the IGR and i swear in on 20 Dec.

Maybe just maybe this time next year i can be taking another oath but for federal service.

Good luck in your next journey.... and don't be afraid to ask for a little guidance from those who have been there.

Top Bottom