• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Well when the government turns on us, I'm not letting you in my militia. so ha. :p

A militia is nothing but a group of anti government whackos. IF you were a true citizen of the government then you would aid them in the collecting of weapons and information when the time comes.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    well ive gotta say ive dont a lot of training for natrual distaster and riot training for the state. One of the first things we are trained on is that these people are american citizens and will be treated with upmost respect.. We are there for them and to help them. In our JAG briefings the 2nd amendment was brought up and that the people have absolute right to bear arms and that we have no say in what they are carry. Which every service member in the briefing agreed with 100%. I guess what iam trying to say here, is that no matter what eveil plots the people think the govt is thinking of they gotta remember that the national guard would do everything in its power to protect the people rights and freedoms no matter what. We swore an oath to the State and its people.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Having been in LE for the past 12 years, I can say that I have had training from the feds (mind you, I worked for an agency that was basically DHS-lite from 9/11 to 11/07) and some of what Rawles said in the article is true. There have been mentions of "Sovereign Citizen Movement" persons who, realistically, resemble the Branch Davidians and simlilar ilk. The warnings come for the far-right wing extremist, not the local prepper. Those of us who are tax-paying (unfortunately) citizens who go about our business are not likely to be affected, but rather, those who claim to be exempt from taxes and BMV registration fees and have gone off the deep end are the primary warning.

No mention has ever been made about feds doing investigations on people buying various items, bulk or not, from the local GM or BPS, but that's not to say they aren't there. I'm not concerned.

My concern is not the military police-state, but the idiocy we have to contend with in the interim. Being that my sworn career has been after 9/11, a significant portion of training has been geared towards anti-terrorism. There has definitely been a paradigm shift in LE since then, evident in how the "older" officers (pre-9/11) handle situations, and how "newer" officers (present company excluded) handle this information. I definitely see how training for the inevitable active shooter or homicide bomber is very important, and yes, even para-military tactics (these things have their place, but it is not the regular traffic stop) but what has been left behind is the emphasis on Constitutional Law and Citizenship Encouragement.

In summary, I'd say that the chasm between the sheep and the sheepdog is growing rapidly, and that those that are on the opposite side of the "current government model" are going to be portrayed as an enemy.

The government is responsible for the people, rather than the people being responsible for themselves.

As another member stated in another thread "I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have sworn an oath,...to support and defend the Constitution of the United states against all enemies, foreign or domestic. Foreign troops, armed and exerting force and/or control of US citizens would be interpreted as enemies regardless of the color of their helmets and would be treated as such." :patriot:

Last edited:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    A lot of people swore oaths to the State and it seems a lot of them forget the people. When the police and military are told to get the weapons I am afraid most of them will just follow orders, and say later "We were just doing what we were told"

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    well ive gotta say ive dont a lot of training for natrual distaster and riot training for the state. One of the first things we are trained on is that these people are american citizens and will be treated with upmost respect.. We are there for them and to help them. In our JAG briefings the 2nd amendment was brought up and that the people have absolute right to bear arms and that we have no say in what they are carry. Which every service member in the briefing agreed with 100%. I guess what iam trying to say here, is that no matter what eveil plots the people think the govt is thinking of they gotta remember that the national guard would do everything in its power to protect the people rights and freedoms no matter what. We swore an oath to the State and its people.

why did the national guard after katrina start taking away guns from legal civilians then? sorry, im not buying into anyone from the govt telling me they are here to help.

you personally might not take away guns or violate rights, but you cannot honestly speak for an organization made up of thousands of others. some of who probly still have no idea what the constitution even is.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Having been in LE for the past 12 years, I can say that I have had training from the feds (mind you, I worked for an agency that was basically DHS-lite from 9/11 to 11/07) and some of what Rawles said in the article is true. There have been mentions of "Sovereign Citizen Movement" persons who, realistically resemble the Branch Davidians and simlilar ilk. The warnings come as the far-right wing extremist, not the local prepper. Those of us who are tax-paying (unfortunately) citizens who go about our business are not likely to be affected, but rather, those who claim to be exempt from taxes and BMV registration fees and such are the primary warning.

No mention has ever been made about feds doing investigations on people buying various items, bulk or not, from the local GM or BPS, but that's not to say they aren't there. I'm not concerned.

My concern is not the military police-state, but the idiocy we have to contend with in the interim. Being that my sworn career has been after

Hmmm....sounds like a pre planned statement to help squash fears of local people who read this board. Shame on you

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Hmmm....sounds like a pre planned statement to help squash fears of local people who read this board. Shame on you

"What's that? Speak into the collar, I couldn't quite hear you..."

Seriously, though, I don't have to worry about being spied on at Gander Mountain because I am never stupid enough to buy anything that expensive there, and they're not concerned with the guy who walks out with a clearance pocketknife and head full of ideas and wishes!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    "What's that? Speak into the collar, I couldn't quite hear you..."

Seriously, though, I don't have to worry about being spied on at Gander Mountain because I am never stupid enough to buy anything that expensive there, and they're not concerned with the guy who walks out with a clearance pocketknife and head full of ideas and wishes!
    :):

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

Yeah, and what happens when the In National Guard is then federalized?
    All it takes is one signature from Obama and your original allegiances are irrelevant.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Having been in LE for the past 12 years, I can say that I have had training from the feds (mind you, I worked for an agency that was basically DHS-lite from 9/11 to 11/07) and some of what Rawles said in the article is true. There have been mentions of "Sovereign Citizen Movement" persons who, realistically, resemble the Branch Davidians and simlilar ilk. The warnings come for the far-right wing extremist, not the local prepper.

I'm gonna have to object to this characterization.

I've known several so-called "sovereign citizens," and their political beliefs are far more "out there" than the Davidians.

The Branch Davidians had certain religious beliefs that differed from "mainstream" religions, and they apparently were one of the groups that focused on Revelations more than most. BUT, they were by most accounts of their neighbors and friends, fairly well-adjusted and polite as a group. They were preppers, owned firearms, had ham radio licenses, etc. Every one of the initial justifications that the ATF gave for the first assault were later abandoned by the government, and then we were handed a litany of reasons the federal government should have been there for a month, until finally Janet Reno was reduced to just claiming it was "for the children." This was the justification used to murder them.

The sovereign citizens, on the other hand, seem to believe that by using very specific words and phrases they they are not only immune from any law, but also can use various nonsense theories to try to rip people off (filing liens against judges, for example). They do not object to laws which require people to have licenses to drive or carry guns, for example, but believe that if they use certain terms, that they alone are not required to follow those laws. They never call a "car" a "car." Rather, they believe that if they call it a "conveyance," they do not need to get plates for it or have a drivers license. They don't "drive a car." They "operate a conveyance." They believe that they are sovereign, in the sense that they don't have to follow any rules, basically.

Top Bottom