We need to come up with a signature policy!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Then, instead of trying to control others and what they do, I would suggest that you simply disable signatures. Go to UserCP, scroll down to the "Thread Display Options" box, and uncheck "show signatures." Bingo, no more signatures to distract you.
    I get a KICK out of some of the sig lines, and I find it elementary to simply IGNORE that which I do not care to read!:dunno:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Then, instead of trying to control others and what they do, I would suggest that you simply disable signatures. Go to UserCP, scroll down to the "Thread Display Options" box, and uncheck "show signatures." Bingo, no more signatures to distract you.
    Funny how you call my suggestion to the OP trying to control others.

That is my opinion bucko, nothing more. I am not the one paying for it, the owner of this business is and it is not free. If it were a non issue, he never would have asked for input. It is not about ignoring sig lines. Yes, to me they are useless filler.

But since you have out posted me more than 10 to 1 in the same time period your expertise now has value.

I didn't know I could turn off all that crap. That is great to know. See how cool sharing opinions and ideas freely really can be?

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    The only two I found really obnoxious were the giant red letter one and the IMG of the gold tooth drill sergeant. What's that mean? Harden The... Heck... Up. I enjoy some and ignore the others.

If Fenway wants to do something about it, he will.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Funny how you call my suggestion to the OP trying to control others.

That is my opinion bucko, nothing more. I am not the one paying for it, the owner of this business is and it is not free. If it were a non issue, he never would have asked for input. It is not about ignoring sig lines. Yes, to me they are useless filler.

Yet, you choose to use one anyway...what does that make one to call out against something, but do it themselves...hmmm :scratch:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yet, you choose to use one anyway...what does that make one to call out against something, but do it themselves...hmmm :scratch:

A Hip a replacement???

hip%20replacement%20parts.jpg

:dunno:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Ya bunch of Dip****s it is not about sig lines, it is about 75% to 95% of the thread space being used by them. (I only call you dip****s in the nicest way).

A 12 page thread could be 3 pages if not for all that space being wasted. The space costs money, it eats up user time to scroll additional pages, maybe even slows the site down?

Not my web site and I won't give a dime to it or any web site supported by advertising.

It is like drugs and alcohol, moderation is good. Talk to old time Software engineers who worked on engine controllers, back when space was limited, their code had to be tight, well thought out. Now storage is cheap and labor is expensive but they waste butt loads of both!

The really sad part, I turned off the sig lines like posted earlier but the posts are still the same size, it doesnt condense anything, just creates HUGE large blank spaces but I still love it. You can speed along. You should all try it, it will give you a graphical representaion of how much space is used by sig lines.

As I said before a 1 line post with 12 lines of space for a sig line is just silly. But now I have an idea for my next sig line!

Last edited by a moderator:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Hey Zoub, what's a Dipshoot?

This blows your mind I bet!?! :D

Last edited:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I just don't get it...if you want to ban sig lines, then why are you using them yourself? :scratch:

That's like someone that wants to ban fossil fuels and drives around in a diesel truck to advertise such.:dunno:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Ya bunch of Dip****s it is not about sig lines, it is about 75% to 95% of the thread space being used by them. (I only call you dip****s in the nicest way).

A 12 page thread could be 3 pages if not for all that space being wasted. The space costs money, it eats up user time to scroll additional pages, maybe even slows the site down?

Not my web site and I won't give a dime to it or any web site supported by advertising.

It is like drugs and alcohol, moderation is good. Talk to old time Software engineers who worked on engine controllers, back when space was limited, their code had to be tight, well thought out. Now storage is cheap and labor is expensive but they waste butt loads of both!

The really sad part, I turned off the sig lines like posted earlier but the posts are still the same size, it doesnt condense anything, just creates HUGE large blank spaces but I still love it. You can speed along. You should all try it, it will give you a graphical representaion of how much space is used by sig lines.

As I said before a 1 line post with 12 lines of space for a sig line is just silly. But now I have an idea for my next sig line!

Yeah, we kinda been over ALL of that in the rest of this thread. :D
    The avatars cause that extra space when the sigs are off.

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN

Hypocrisy! Isn't it wonderful!:D

hypocrisy_hall_of_fame.jpg

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Hypocrisy! Isn't it wonderful!:D

hypocrisy_hall_of_fame.jpg

Somehow I missed that line. hmmm

Kinda like voting?
    If you don't do it, you shouldn't complain about the results.

This is a privately owned website, without the support of those of us that donate, and the advertising, this site would not exist. You pointed out, Zoub, that supporting this site costs money, so how do you propose that the Owner run this site without financial support??

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Somehow I missed that line. hmmm

Kinda like voting?
    If you don't do it, you shouldn't complain about the results.

This is a privately owned website, without the support of those of us that donate, and the advertising, this site would not exist. You pointed out, Zoub, that supporting this site costs money, so how do you propose that the Owner run this site without financial support??

Fenway can HOPE for CHANGE! :twocents: :laugh:

Top Bottom