We need to come up with a signature policy!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    One thing that I like about this forum is that everybody doesn't have a huge list of all their guns in their signature line. On another forum (where a bunch of people do that) I made my signature line say something to the effect of "I'm really impressed by all those guns you want me to know about." I don't know if anybody reads it and thinks "gee, maybe I shouldn't list all my guns" but I get a kick out of it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Somehow I missed that line. hmmm

Kinda like voting?
    If you don't do it, you shouldn't complain about the results.

This is a privately owned website, without the support of those of us that donate, and the advertising, this site would not exist. You pointed out, Zoub, that supporting this site costs money, so how do you propose that the Owner run this site without financial support??

I am not Zoub, and I cannot speak for him, but if I understand properly, his point was that he won't personally donate money to a site that benefits from advertising. I think that point has been missed. Without any financial support, yes, the site would be shut down. That doesn't mean that you have to donate to keep it afloat-- but it would mean the site would look different (the money has to come from somewhere, but that doesn't neccesarily mean Zoub's pocket, or yours, or mine.) See that bar at the top of the page-- there would be a lot more like it. Even in the middle of threads.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I don't think I missed the point at all. He won't donate to a site that gets money from Advertisers too. Meaning he thinks that donations are extraneous. i.e. Fenway makes more than enough from Advertisers, so why should Zoub donate as well.

My point still stands. This site is a privately owned site. While we might have some opinions to express, ultimately it is the Owner's decisions to do as he wishes. Personally, I believe you have less of a right to complain if you are unwilling to donate to this site, and even moreso if you announce that you will never support this site financially, while complaining about how things are done, all still while taking advantage of the good things found here, for FREE to you.

Again, I see it just like someone complaining about Obama, that didn't bother to go out an vote. You are willing to complain about this country, but are not willing to support your country by voting? Seems hypocritical to me.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Judging by all the Sigs still here, and the fact that I just changed mine successfully, I would say: no, they aren't banned.
    Just wondering if some had been grandfathered, or something. I still can't get it to take a single sentence. Says it has too many lines, because of the small window. Ah, well. :dunno:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The rules for non-supporters are more restrictive that for supporters. You should be limited to a single line for your sig, no URLs and no images. There could be a bug in the software preventing you from entering a sig line. Try starting with just a few words and see what happens. A few people have reported a character limit, but we haven't set one, as far as I know.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    For the most part I enjoy reading and looking at others sig. lines / pics. No problem for me to scroll down but I do see an issue for those on dial up, that would suck.

I agree with all of this but I then ask... how many people still have dial up? Even in BFE you can get a cellular Broadband card and have "hi-speed" internet and even in BFE DSL is becoming common place.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    As I have stated I am new, only a month, but I have an idea..... how about a minimum site supporter fee, for certain amount of space. I think that freebies ( like me), get so much space. (one small pic.) $ 10.00 so much space, $ 20.00 so much space... Just link it to the donation for S.S. the more money donated, the more space allowed....PROBLEM SOLVED....... Just my Military Mind thinking again....Just keep it reasonable for us poor hard working so and so's !!!!!:patriot: :ar15:

Top Bottom