• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marine2f3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    If you or anyone you know of are looking to learn how to properly clear your house from an intruder or threat then I would be glad to help you. I am Cpl. in the Marines and i have had extensive training in Close Quarter Battle. If anyone would like to further their knowledge in CQB or any other types of military training just ask.

Marine2f3

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not sure if srs. This is America, not Iraq. If you think someone is in your house hiding, and you have the opportunity to clear it, I suggest NOT clearing it, and getting out of the house entirely.
    As a Marine, the skills you learned are squad based. In a home with families present, don't expect them to have more than one or (and if your lucky) two armed persons to eliminate a threat. It's kinda hard to "punch" corners by yourself. A tactically sound intruder will stand in the "middle" corner, and smoke your butt as you run along the walls. If you don't have the numbers, get out.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Not sure if srs. This is America, not Iraq. If you think someone is in your house hiding, and you have the opportunity to clear it, I suggest NOT clearing it, and getting out of the house entirely.
    As a Marine, the skills you learned are squad based. In a home with families present, don't expect them to have more than one or (and if your lucky) two armed persons to eliminate a threat. It's kinda hard to "punch" corners by yourself. A tactically sound intruder will stand in the "middle" corner, and smoke your butt as you run along the walls. If you don't have the numbers, get out.

sounds like a very LE oriented response

purduepurdy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Cops don't even clear houses by themselves. Leave it to the people with body armor and more than a weekend of training. If given the chance just get out, if there is an intruder between the exit and you feel free to give them a reality check.

"He that fights and runs away, may turn and fight another day; but he that is in battle slain, will never rise to fight again."

-Tacitus

Edit: No knocking the marines there Cpl. My old man was an E8.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    some people it's simply not in their nature to run from threats.....nor is it in mine.............it's entirely a matter of circumstances...knowing how to clear your home alone is a viable asset to learn.........you'd rather know how and not need it, then need to use it and not know how............if the intruder is between you and your exits, and you haven't learned such skills.....good luck

regardless, i refuse to rely on law enforcement for everything...especially, when I'm capable of handling something.......when you have people calling to report fast food places not giving them their right order there is a serious over-burden on LE due to people being lazy and unable to handle their own S**t...........likewise, when you have LEO's disrespecting law abiding citizens adn their rights you have a serious deficiency in training for a group who generally portrays themselves as such "highly trained" individuals..........in any case, my home-I'll protect it...................just my:twocents:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    some people it's simply not in their nature to run from threats.....nor is it in mine.............it's entirely a matter of circumstances...knowing how to clear your home alone is a viable asset to learn.........you'd rather know how and not need it, then need to use it and not know how............if the intruder is between you and your exits, and you haven't learned such skills.....good luck

regardless, i refuse to rely on law enforcement for everything...especially, when I'm capable of handling something.......when you have people calling to report fast food places not giving them their right order there is a serious over-burden on LE due to people being lazy and unable to handle their own S**t...........likewise, when you have LEO's disrespecting law abiding citizens adn their rights you have a serious deficiency in training for a group who generally portrays themselves as such "highly trained" individuals..........in any case, my home-I'll protect it...................just my:twocents:

Ok, I'll play, how does one clear a home alone. Keep in mind that the word "clear," as used in LE/Military circles means the totality of the home... each room, each closet, under beds, behind doors, etc.

The offer from the OP is certainly appreciated, but I question how practical it is for a normal everyday citizen.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Solo structure clearing should be an absolute last resort.

There's some ego and testosterone that flare up when Type A's get told something they want to do isn't safe or smart, but that's inside their heads not the person correctly evaluating the risks.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I'll back down my LOOONG Driveway, dial 911 wait 20 minutes for the LEO's to show up. Wait another 15 Minutes for the "Special" LEO's to show. Sit in my truck and watch them burn another 15 Minutes formulating a Plan, I know this time the 15 minutes is more than needed. Watch them bust my Doors out of my House. Wait another 2 hours for them to Search the Structures and Property. Wait another hour to decide it is Safe for me to enter my Property. They leave, I go out to the Barn and find crap to lodge my Doors shut until I can get them repaired...

Your right I would rather Call the Law when my Wife Forgets that she left the Office Light on in the House...

Solo structure clearing should be an absolute last resort.
    Absolutely... :popcorn:

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    some people it's simply not in their nature to run from threats...

Nor is it wise to run into a perceived threat that you know nothing about ... how many? where? how are they armed? To assault the unknown by yourself, when you have other options is foolish

...nor is it in mine.............it's entirely a matter of circumstances...knowing how to clear your home alone is a viable asset to learn.........you'd rather know how and not need it, then need to use it and not know how............if the intruder is between you and your exits, and you haven't learned such skills.....good luck Why exit?

It may be a valuable asset if you're younger than 50, and have watched all the Die Hard movies. :rolleyes: If an intruder gets past my dogs, they will have let me know you're there....everything downstairs is insured. I control access to me and my wife through a choke point ... you come up my stairs, well, it's your call

regardless, i refuse to rely on law enforcement for everything...especially, when I'm capable of handling something....

Something? If you don't know what's there, you're gonna rush around by yourself, looking for ... something"

...when you have people calling to report fast food places not giving them their right order there is a serious over-burden on LE due to people being lazy and unable to handle their own S**t...........likewise, when you have LEO's disrespecting law abiding citizens adn their rights you have a serious deficiency in training for a group who generally portrays themselves as such "highly trained" individuals

Not relevant

......in any case, my home-I'll protect it...................just my:twocents:

I truly hope you never have to protect your home... especially in that manner..... oh.... just my :twocents:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    If you think someone is in your house hiding, and you have the opportunity to clear it, I suggest NOT clearing it, and getting out of the house entirely.
    sounds like a very LE oriented response
    I'm not LE and that's my opinion about it as well. My taxe$ pay for LE to do that job, so HAVE AT IT. My butt will be on the phone either in a designated "safe" room with my family, or OUT of there. Go right ahead and slice the pie through my living room while I'm at Starbucks waiting on the "all clear".
    some people it's simply not in their nature to run from threats.....
    The SMRT smart way to handle things is to remove yourself from danger, first and foremost if you can. Last resort is an all out firefight, imo.
    if the intruder is between you and your exits, and you haven't learned such skills.....good luck
    If exiting with my peeps safely is not an option and MrBadDecisionMaker is blocking our exit, he'll be slightly aerated upon his impending extraction.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Oh what the hell, I'll play. When we clear a house we try to have at least 4 officers...2 to secure the outside and 2 to clear the inside. While one officer searches a room, the other will guard his rear. Unless there is a compelling reason to go inside, I will wait for back-up before I go inside...just too dangerous. If I am first on the scene, I will secure the outside best as I can until my partners arrive. We do it all the time for burglaries in progress and catch quite a few. Many time we just let the K9 check the house.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Oh what the hell, I'll play. When we clear a house we try to have at least 4 officers...2 to secure the outside and 2 to clear the inside. While one officer searches a room, the other will guard his rear. Unless there is a compelling reason to go inside, I will wait for back-up before I go inside...just too dangerous. If I am first on the scene, I will secure the outside best as I can until my partners arrive. We do it all the time for burglaries in progress and catch quite a few. Many time we just let the K9 check the house.

See, one of the reasons I have no problems entering my home is due to the fact that there are 2 GSDs, and a Pit Mix all 3 trained in Protection already inside...

Top Bottom