• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    must be individual preference thing............someone breaks into my home, I'd just assume drop them then give them "3 hots and a cot" on my tax dollars......judge me as you will, I could care less.....I'm much more satisfied burying some idiot out in a field that tried to do me harm then paying to keep him clothed, fed, and alive

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    as far as my personal safety.....who cares......and who is anyone else to tell me what risks I can take with MY life...so long as my decisions don't harm anyone else.....way I see it....bad guy gets buried....how many people are not going to get robbed, beaten, raped, murdered now because one loser died and someone made the decision to eliminate that threat to others.....the risk of my life vs eliminating a bad guys potential to harm countless others...to me it's worth it....you only live once, and on my death bed I'd rather realize I made that life count for something

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Partly... the rest is age, experience, and common sense. By all means, sir...suit yourself.

Do you really have a blue spandex suit with a big red "S" on the front ?

I too have experience....as the date of service would indicate you certainly got me beat on age ;)

regardless of you insinuation...I don't feel as though I'm superman.....but rather am not afraid to dye for what I believe in.......I believe my ONE life is worth the risk of possibly saving more than ONE others'.....while I may be considered a "good man"(arguably) by some....if I managed to save two people, then that's possibly TWO good men who can go on to do good things rather than me (ONE).......I accept death as a part of life and am not afraid to confront it for what I believe in whenever that time may come.....at least I would have died for what is right and remembered as such rather than just a grumpy old man, sitting in an old folks home making people around me hate their jobs...lol.......I don't go looking for situations that put my life on the line, but I won't run when they come up

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    K9 are great aren't they?! :rockwoot:

lol......if an intruder gets past my dog.....my bullets aren't gonna do anything to him and I'm calling the military...lol

if I'm not around and someone comes on our property he's not a happy camper, he is 130lbs of drool, attacks only on my commands, and drags 100lbs heavy punching bags around the yard like a fetching stick and makes them look like they've been through a blender.....I feel sorry for any burglar to my home..lol

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    as far as my personal safety.....who cares......and who is anyone else to tell me what risks I can take with MY life...so long as my decisions don't harm anyone else.....way I see it....bad guy gets buried....how many people are not going to get robbed, beaten, raped, murdered now because one loser died and someone made the decision to eliminate that threat to others.....the risk of my life vs eliminating a bad guys potential to harm countless others...to me it's worth it....you only live once, and on my death bed I'd rather realize I made that life count for something

The difficulty is that your post is read by thousands.
    - Point number one is that you are a representation of Indiana gun owners, whether you like it or not.
    - Point number two is that you are preaching to many who may be naive enough to believe what your post is the correct way to go.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    if I'm not around and someone comes on our property he's not a happy camper, he is 130lbs of drool, attacks only on my commands,

hmmm, attacks only on your commands...... if you're not around.... no threat, from the dog, right? :dunno: ...and with a dog like that, you'd still clear your home alone? Wow !!

We're all duly impressed, sir..... well, some of us .... ok, a couple of us..... have a great day, and I hope you live to be a grumpy old man. By that time, you will have earned it. :patriot:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    The difficulty is that your post is read by thousands.
    - Point number one is that you are a representation of Indiana gun owners, whether you like it or not.
    - Point number two is that you are preaching to many who may be naive enough to believe what your post is the correct way to go.

as an adult....you can be responsible for your own actions.....that's how it should and that's how the court see's it.......if someone else takes it differently because they are ignorant enough to think that one man's decision is an accurate representation of thousands of others...that's their problem.....an accordance of that belief, Hitler's actions should have resulted in the "extermination" of the entire German nation...but it didn't.....because a person is and should be held accountable for his own actions......if a reader of my post chooses put his own life on the line...that's his perrogative and you have no right to tell him that is the wrong choice as it is HIS to make...............I hate the mentality in this country that everyone can/should tell everyone ELSE how to live their lives

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    hmmm, attacks only on your commands...... if you're not around.... no threat, from the dog, right? :dunno: ...and with a dog like that, you'd still clear your home alone? Wow !!

We're all duly impressed, sir..... well, some of us .... ok, a couple of us..... have a great day, and I hope you live to be a grumpy old man. By that time, you will have earned it. :patriot:

uhh...everything taken so literally......

re-phrase= " attacks only on my command in my presence, he knows if I'm not around and he hasn't met the person with me around then he shouldn't be there.....my former step-father experienced this first hand, but luckily didn't have the nerve to go inside the gate"

yes, I would clear my house if I heard a strange noise or something similar...especially if I don't see me dog around..........

on another note, my dog is currently staying with my mother as she likes having him around cuz she lives alone, but he still is obedient to me and I make sure of it every time I'm around him

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    must be individual preference thing............someone breaks into my home, I'd just assume drop them then give them "3 hots and a cot" on my tax dollars......judge me as you will, I could care less.....I'm much more satisfied burying some idiot out in a field that tried to do me harm then paying to keep him clothed, fed, and alive

Mention illegal activity again and you're outta here.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    uhh...everything taken so literally......

re-phrase= " attacks only on my command in my presence, he knows if I'm not around and he hasn't met the person with me around then he shouldn't be there.....my former step-father experienced this first hand, but luckily didn't have the nerve to go inside the gate"

yes, I would clear my house if I heard a strange noise or something similar...especially if I don't see me dog around..........

on another note, my dog is currently staying with my mother as she likes having him around cuz she lives alone, but he still is obedient to me and I make sure of it every time I'm around him

So you come home at night. You see lights on in your house, no dog barking (he took a bullet to his head), maybe you see some movement in the windows. You think your best course of action is to go clear your house by yourself?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    So you come home at night. You see lights on in your house, no dog barking (he took a bullet to his head), maybe you see some movement in the windows. You think your best course of action is to go clear your house by yourself?

IMO, it's my choice to take........for my personal preference.....may not be yours and that's fine.......

I'm not going to waste a number of officers time who COULD be handling real calls for people who need it much more so than I.....more likely than not, chances are we forgot the light, dog's asleep, etc.....in any case, I do have quite the "artillery" in my residence and know where they all are,what condition they're in,etc....sending in officers blind, REGARDLESS of how many of them there are...isn't IMO a very responsible thing to do....not to mention other factors like, if my dog was ok and nobody was there and here come a couple officers kicking in my door....again, not very responsible......I know my home/residence/property better than any....if on further inspection I find there is more than I can handle, I'll call LE....

we can play WHAT IF's ...ALL DAY.....the point is, it's my property, my opinion, and my choice....nobody has to agree with and I'll be responsible for my actions just like everyone else

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    IMO, it's my choice to take........for my personal preference.....may not be yours and that's fine.......

I'm not going to waste a number of officers time who COULD be handling real calls for people who need it much more so than I.....more likely than not, chances are we forgot the light, dog's asleep, etc.....in any case, I do have quite the "artillery" in my residence and know where they all are,what condition they're in,etc....sending in officers blind, REGARDLESS of how many of them there are...isn't IMO a very responsible thing to do....not to mention other factors like, if my dog was ok and nobody was there and here come a couple officers kicking in my door....again, not very responsible......I know my home/residence/property better than any....if on further inspection I find there is more than I can handle, I'll call LE....

we can play WHAT IF's ...ALL DAY.....the point is, it's my property, my opinion, and my choice....nobody has to agree with and I'll be responsible for my actions just like everyone else
    kidd, you are full of bravado, and thats fine. I dont see anything wrong with going out in a blaze of glory . Just remember , there are things worse than death. Such as prison, Ive worked max before, trust me, you dont want that.

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I'm just throwing this out there.

Last night my empty garbage can was knocked over and woke me up at about 3AM. Listened for a while, saw it was pretty windy, and decided the wind likely knocked it over. However, I decided to check the doors to make sure they were locked and take a look outside to be sure. Got up, picked up the pistol and a light, [STRIKE]cleared[/STRIKE] checked the rooms, and there was no entry or anyone outside. I then went back to bed. Now, I highly doubt I would have been mistaken for a Navy SEAL while checking the rooms or the doors, but I was prepared to find myself looking at an intruder while doing so.

If I am home, depending on the situation, I may need to know how to move from room to room to exit the house or move room to room to get to a safe area that I can call the police and wait from. The training to do so is helpful.

If someone has children, and they likely sleep in another room, the training to move to their room and wake them up and get them to a safe area or out the door may be very helpful to them.

If I am not at home, and feel there is an intruder in the house, then there are very few and drastic situations that would find me entering my own home to deal with it instead of calling the police and watching the show.

The knowledge to deal with a situation that may require me entering my home is much the same as dealing with a situation where you are woken up to a strange loud sound in the middle of the night. And the training to move safely in a house that may contain an armed intruder is unique and important to acquire.

I feel that we kinda jumped on the OP's thread here and hijacked it, and would like to hear from him with regards to the situations he would feel necessary to [STRIKE]clear[/STRIKE] move safely in a house while armed.

Last edited:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson

Are you the only one? No wife or children? Then by all means feel free to clean the gene pool.

Top Bottom