• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    On the bright side, my wounds (and yes, about half broke the skin) from all of the airsoft hits I took in August while re-learning how ill-advised it is to try to clear a complicated structure by myself are now healed.

It's good (but maybe not that common) to have a reasonable level of self-awareness and at least a gross estimate of your limitations as well as your strengths. I prefer to not learn the same lesssons from actual bullets.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    kidd, you are full of bravado, and thats fine. I dont see anything wrong with going out in a blaze of glory . Just remember , there are things worse than death. Such as prison, Ive worked max before, trust me, you dont want that.

I have many friends who work in law enforcement/corrections or have worked in them.......I don't doubt that I would not like it and would probably end up staying there for much longer than my original sentence....however, I don't forsee the need to attend such a facility if I were confronted by a threat and had to defend myself..............of course, everything about this thread is all "what if's"....and as always circumstances dictate actions/reactions

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    It's good (but maybe not that common) to have a reasonable level of self-awareness and at least a gross estimate of your limitations as well as your strengths. I prefer to not learn the same lesssons from actual bullets.

I agree....that's why we train,..... practice, practice, practice.....you never know what situation is going to come up or how you will be equipped to deal with it.....but I'd rather at least be armed with as much knowledge as possible backed up by extensive practice...than just passing it off as .."I'll never need that" or "That's just not safe".....which is why the OP offered this thread to help those who may not have such skills/knowledge/training

marine2f3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    I am located on the west side of indianapolice. First off im not going to leave my house, anyone who is in my house when they should not be in gonna see the full frontal force of my second amendment rights. Socondly i was in a special operations unit where we were taught how to clear a building. We also had to learn how to do it by our selves just in case. Third lets say you are already in your house, someone breaks in, and your kids are in the next room or down the hall. Are you gonna just leave or stay in your room and call the cops. Hell no you arent your gonn go get your kids and then deal with the threat. Its training for situations like this that save lives.

If anyone here would like to learn these tactics and training please sent me a private message and we can set something up. These are free of charge classes, I just love to teach.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    On the bright side, my wounds (and yes, about half broke the skin) from all of the airsoft hits I took in August while re-learning how ill-advised it is to try to clear a complicated structure by myself are now healed.

At least you trained for it so you had somewhat of a mental map of what you could do if you needed to instead of just going on about just leave it to the police etc etc like some on here.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    At least you trained for it so you had somewhat of a mental map of what you could do if you needed to instead of just going on about just leave it to the police etc etc like some on here.

Learning more and more never hurts!

I'm still inclined to leave it to the police 1) if I have the luxury of making a choice, and 2) if I truly believe a threat exists. Laying in wait is a much better strategy for me (and for most others) than trying to clear the structure if it's a viable option. The training for "otherwise" is for when I don't have a better choice.

Top Bottom