• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    So...to the experts (sorry Tommy and Cheech...not you), What is the difference between the morning glory vine, the wild potato vine and the field bindweed?

I'm assuming all would be treated the same? Google makes me think the main differences are in their origins. (domestic varieties versus European)

I'm reading the roots on all these may reach down to 20 to 30 feet...SOB...

:xmad:

Anyway...I guess I'm off to Lowe's for gloves and Round-Up. Oh...and I was looking around when I snapped the photo in the OP...and I saw a small piece of poison ivy in the bed as well. How the hell did that get there???

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Anyway...I guess I'm off to Lowe's for gloves and Round-Up. Oh...and I was looking around when I snapped the photo in the OP...and I saw a small piece of poison ivy in the bed as well. How the hell did that get there???

Birds. They eat the berries from the PI and then poop them everywhere.

BTW, when applying herbicides, the most effective time is in the late summer and fall when the plant is transporting nutrients back into the roots as fast as it can. They'll work now at killing the leaves, but don't often do much for the roots this time of year.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    You can buy the seeds from any place that sells garden supplies - I don't think they're 'classified' as a drug, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, it's not a very pleasant trip, lots of sweating and nausea.

I remember when you used the term entheogens in a thread. :rockwoot:

Most MGs are sprayed now. Look for the baby Hawaiian woodrose seeds instead. Safe travels, psychonaut. Be sure and document everything at erowid. :)

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    This will work. Put on a pair of latex or nitrile gloves and then a pair of the cheap brown jersey gloves over them. Mix up a little round up and put it in a small spray bottle. Label the bottle so there is no mistake. Spray some of the roundup onto the palm and fingers of the jersey glove to wet but not dripping. Rub your gloved hand along all of the unwanted weeds covering as much of the leaf area as possible. Works for poison Ivy too although you might want to add a drop of Dawn dish washing detergent to the mix for Poison Ivy.

BTW watch your overspray when you apply to your glove as it will kill whatever it comes in contact with.

Last edited:

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    ok, weeds starts out with this super hot widow named Nancy (see below)......
    url

never mind......different weeds :):

Jesus ....that is a whole new kinda morning glory

To the op: 45 acp kills every thing. Right?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You can buy the seeds from any place that sells garden supplies - I don't think they're 'classified' as a drug, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, it's not a very pleasant trip, lots of sweating and nausea.

So its quite a bit like the last time I ran a mile or all the times I've seen my grandma naked?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    This will work. Put on a pair of latex or nitrile gloves and then a pair of the cheap brown jersey gloves over them. Mix up a little round up and put it in a small spray bottle. Label the bottle so there is no mistake. Spray some of the roundup onto the palm and fingers of the jersey glove to wet but not dripping. Rub your gloved hand along all of the unwanted weeds covering as much of the leaf area as possible. Works for poison Ivy too although you might want to add a drop of Dawn dish washing detergent to the mix for Poison Ivy.

BTW watch your overspray when you apply to your glove as it will kill whatever it comes in contact with.
    This is a great idea, have recommended to others for selective killing in a flower bed

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN

Very good idea! Rep inbound!

Top Bottom