• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I don't want it to do that, especially if I can't count on it happening. I want everything that happens to be due to my intention. As much more convenient as this could be, if it doesn't happen sometime when I'm counting on it, I'd rather it never happen at all. Always or never; there's no room for maybe with this stuff.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I own both an M&P9c and FS, and this doesn't happen with either one unfortunately. I thought it would be cool, especially with the mini slide release levers being so difficult to activate.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    I don't want it to do that, especially if I can't count on it happening. I want everything that happens to be due to my intention. As much more convenient as this could be, if it doesn't happen sometime when I'm counting on it, I'd rather it never happen at all. Always or never; there's no room for maybe with this stuff.

Yeah I sort of agree with you, if it happened every time I would be fine with it but as this is my EDC I sort of wish it either did or didn't every time, i have emailed glock about it and asked what I should do, will follow up with the answer.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    I would imagine that the spring on the slide stop may need a little "tweaking", at least that is what I would try first. Not a big deal.. If you were closer I would be happy to take care of it for you but I'm in Greenwood and it sounds like I may be a "fer piece" from you.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

You are 2.3 hours from me, if glock says this can be corrected by an armorer, I may just take you up on that. The ride would be worth it if you could fix it for me at a competitive price and I could pick your brain. I would love to have a face to face with an ingo member that could teach my about my firearm and provide free advice :).

I am a noob and have much to learn.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I was at Deb's today. I was having fun with my G21 but I noticed that 2 times after I loaded my mag, my slide was in it's locked back position as a result of fireing my last round. When I slammed a new loaded mag into the well, my slide ran foward and chambered a round on it's own without me touching it.

Normally I either need to tap the mag in and rack the slide to release it from it's locked back position or use the slide release. Is this normal or is something up?

Seems faster. Wish my XD would do that

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I own both an M&P9c and FS, and this doesn't happen with either one unfortunately. I thought it would be cool, especially with the mini slide release levers being so difficult to activate.

Well the M&P manual calls them "Slide Stops" and on these and many other carry pistols they are considered slide stops rather the "slide releases", meaning that the sling shot method or racking the slide is probably a more reliable method of putting the gun into battery than trying to manipulate the slide stop when the slide has been locked back (when under pressure, fine motor skills can go south).

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson2/upload/other/M&P_Pistol_Manual_03-15-2012.pdf

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Agreed with this statement, and I've never had it happen when training with my Glocks, but then I've maybe not slammed the mag home as hard as some people do.

seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    Some guns when you reload with the gun tilted at a 45 degree angle like the M&P and the Berettas it will send the slide home without pressing the slide release
    I have a promag magazine for my girlfriends bersa thunder that takes a little more force to seat than the factory mag that came with the gun It did the same thing to me monday, kinda surprised me.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    Not a big issue, but I wouldn't rely on it to do it every time. Just use good mechanics on reloading and don't trust the slam home method. It could backfire and not work when you need it to the most.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Reply from Glock

"It is a normal thing to happen when inserting the magazine forcefully.

Anthony Burdett
    Technical Service Rep.
    Glock Inc.
    Phone: 770-432-1202 ext 6248
    Email: anthony.burdett@glock.us"

My G34 (gen 3) did it, then I stripped the gun down all the way for cleaning & installing a ghost rocket trigger connector, then it didn't do it, then I carefully reassembled & cleaned everything again & the gun did it again.
    My G21 (Gen 3) won't do it, which to me is an awe shucks because it is handy for quick re-loads and kind of cool. If I thought it was a safety issue I wouldn't have put around 8k rounds through the 34.

My buddy's Bersa does the same thing, mine didn't.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    I think the M&P is designed to do that, but its not a feature that Glock is known for. I would get it checked out.

My G27 did it and I was quite happy about it!

I've been able to get all of my handguns to do it.
    My SR9c is the only one that isn't constant.

Top Bottom