'Merica
    respect-the-authority-artwork_medium.jpg

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    No one has authority over me except some higher power which will not be mentioned here to avoid the religion argument. I have authority over two people until they move out of my house. That covers it I think.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    These kids are the future. What a sad future it will be.

YouTube - Respect and Obey Authority!

Did you not read the description for this video? Here it is and I don't see the sad part about kids respecting and obeying their parents and teachers.:twocents:

"This is West Coast Believers Kid's band called X-TReMe PoWeR. It was our second song and we made up the lyrics and put it all together through garage band. It's all about respecting and obeying your teachers, your parents, and Jesus! Hope you like this one too!"

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Authority extends outward from just those couple. And, yes, I did read their description. Doesn't change a thing. Obey and submit. Not a philosophy anyone should be comfortable with.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    The oldest kids in that are maybe 11. My kids are 5&6 and they are taught to respect and obey us and their teachers. That's what kids are supposed to be taught, or maybe I'm wrong on that and we should just start teaching them now to question and rebel against everything anyone in authority tells them.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The oldest kids in that are maybe 11. My kids are 5&6 and they are taught to respect and obey us and their teachers. That's what kids are supposed to be taught, or maybe I'm wrong on that and we should just start teaching them now to question and rebel against everything anyone in authority tells them.

Hopefully they learn not to go along with the obedient sheeple by the time they are voting.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Hopefully they learn not to go along with the obedient sheeple by the time they are voting.

After a little searching for this group I can't find anything political about this church singing group. I think you guys are taking this to the extreme and drawing all kind of unfounded conclusions about these kids and their intentions.

Maybe you guys didn't change from 11, 13,15,16,18 but I sure did. Assuming these little kids will become left wing, nanny state loving sheeple just because of their little church band is a bit pre-mature don't ya think?

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I feel sorry for those kids. Not because of their message, but because they are being manipulated by adults for personal/spiritual(?) gain.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    No one has authority over me except some higher power which will not be mentioned here to avoid the religion argument. I have authority over two people until they move out of my house. That covers it I think.

This is the kind of mindset I simply do not understand. At least not at 54 years old.:rolleyes: Someone, somewhere is going to have authority over you every day of your life. You may not like it, and you may choose to pretend it isn't that way, but they do. I'm not talking about some Hitler type either, which I COULD not and WOULD not tolorate. But to make the statement "no one has authority over me", IMO is not based in reality. :twocents:

Example, my son has a "friend" that got into some trouble. And NO it isn't my son, but anyway he appeared in court and got pi**ed at the judge. He stood up and kicked the table in the courtroom over. Well.... it may have took 6 cops to subdue him, but he found out the hard way that in fact SOMEONE DOES have authority over him. A lesson he STILL needs to learn.

Last edited:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I hate the word obedient. I think that children should be taught to be polite to people, listen and learn from their teachers, and do what your parents tell you to do, as long as they are in their right mind (don't sell meth at school because your meth cooking parents told you to).

I really don't understand what the problem is with teachers and students, why obedience is even an issue. Your teacher's job is to teach you things, not control their life. If the kid is disruptive, kick him out into the hall, or out of the school. Teach them young that if they are stupid and obnoxious then they don't get to participate in learning new information.

Obedient children turn into obedient subjects. They never turn into self-defending, responsibly voting, proud Americans because their sense of independence and freedom has been crushed by their parents, teachers, local law enforcement, and local politicians demand to be an OBEDIENT child with no rights at school.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Example, my son has a "friend" that got into some trouble. And NO it isn't my son, but anyway he appeared in court and got pi**ed at the judge. He stood up and kicked the table in the courtroom over. Well.... it may have took 6 cops to subdue him, but he found out the hard way that in fact SOMEONE DOES have authority over him. A lesson he STILL needs to learn.

Yes, this is the type of authority that asserts itself by using force. It is involuntary and immoral much like the Mafia or the bully in school. The opposite is granted authority. Its voluntary and doesn't involve violence. An example here would be the authority you grant your supervisor at work.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I hate the word obedient. I think that children should be taught to be polite to people, listen and learn from their teachers, and do what your parents tell you to do, as long as they are in their right mind (don't sell meth at school because your meth cooking parents told you to).

I really don't understand what the problem is with teachers and students, why obedience is even an issue. Your teacher's job is to teach you things, not control their life. If the kid is disruptive, kick him out into the hall, or out of the school. Teach them young that if they are stupid and obnoxious then they don't get to participate in learning new information.

Obedient children turn into obedient subjects. They never turn into self-defending, responsibly voting, proud Americans because their sense of independence and freedom has been crushed by their parents, teachers, local law enforcement, and local politicians demand to be an OBEDIENT child with no rights at school.

Meh. In the freest nation in the world, you have to go to school until you are 18 or you go to jail. Compulsory education and the Prussian model, a match made in hell

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire

I was an obedient child, that doesn't mean that I follow every demand that has been made of me since. It's ignorant to think that an obedient child will always turn into an unthinking drone. I'd rather have a rebellious child that never learns anything and makes knee-jerk emotional decisions their whole life.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Yes, this is the type of authority that asserts itself by using force. It is involuntary and immoral much like the Mafia or the bully in school. The opposite is granted authority. Its voluntary and doesn't involve violence. An example here would be the authority you grant your supervisor at work.

Huh???? It's IMMORAL for a judge to expect a defendant to maintain self control in his courtroom?:n00b: Comparing 6 cops subduing a punk in a courtroom with the Mafia is ludicris.:n00b:

The ONLY way you "grant" authority to your supervisor at work is to in fact work there. If you choose to NOT "grant" him/her authority you don't work there. So infact they have the authority, you can't demand to work there if you refuse to allow "grant" them authority.

Sorry, no offense ment but, this sounds like something I listened to from my early teenage son.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    The ONLY way you "grant" authority to your supervisor at work is to in fact work there. If you choose to NOT "grant" him/her authority you don't work there. So infact they have the authority, you can't demand to work there if you refuse to allow "grant" them authority. .

We are on the exact same page. You can contract authority over yourself to another. I can chose to hire or fire you, you can chose to work, quit, or not even apply.

But, while you're on my time, you have to agree to these rules.

In your scenario, I wouldn't object to court security preventing property damage by subduing someone caught in the act.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    These kids are the future. What a sad future it will be.

YouTube - Respect and Obey Authority!

Jesus loving kids bother you do they?

It's the anarchist's way.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom