• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I heard the new home fashion trend is hardwood floors. But if you were around in the 70’s you’re probably more familiar shag carpet.

Ah, memories of my bedroom as a teenager. Orange shag carpet with mustard yellow, orange and black walls with geometric designs (some even going across the ceiling). I'm sure my parents were cussing me when they had to repaint it after I moved away from home. :):

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Years ago, when my kids were young, we were shopping for carpet. We drove by the hip hugger, and I said, "we can get carpet there". My wife said, "um, no thank you." My youngest daughter asks, "do they have used carpet there?" I said, "yes, they do." She replies, "I'll bet their carpet is nasty!"

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Shagtastic baby!!

austin-powers-4-film.jpg

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Years ago, when my kids were young, we were shopping for carpet. We drove by the hip hugger, and I said, "we can get carpet there". My wife said, "um, no thank you." My youngest daughter asks, "do they have used carpet there?" I said, "yes, they do." She replies, "I'll bet their carpet is nasty!"

I've know your wife and it is a wonder you can walk after passing that place (No shagging way).

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I also am without adult supervision but only for today and most of tomorrow. The wife is off on a Well Armed Woman weekend retreat shooting up a slew of 9mm ammo. Fortunately, she passed the training and now loads her own. I don't know what to do next. Laundry or dishes.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    LOL....mine left years ago. Divorce final, bought new turkey gun.....and killed a 21.5# bird.....all within a week.......hell maybe half a week. Cant remember.....was a good week

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My wife has been wanting to go to Florida to visit her sister & family. I've kinda been putting it off on account of the kids...they are plenty old enough to stay home (21 & 19) but not sure my house would be standing when I get home. However, you fellas have given me some ideas. Now if I can figure out sending all 3 for a long past due visit..I reckon I could use the "I can't get off work" excuse. I have some plotting to do

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Its a love hate relationship I have with those nights alone. When the wife takes the kids to visit out of state friends, On the one hand I get to eat some of my favorite foods that nobody else in the house will eat, (like hamburger gravy over boiled potato wedges) but at the same time I get bored and miss them. It helps remind me that I dont know what I would do with myself if anything happened to them. (and renews my thankfulness for them)

Ditto, raised 3 daughters. Sometimes I really wanted a little peace and quiet. When they were gone it didn't feel right.
    Grown up, with kids of their own now. Grandkids are awesome!!

Don

penton175jp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Asked Biil DZ a few years ago what was the best thing he did to improve his shooting. He said "Got a divorce!" Well he got remarried and I haven't seen him on the range since. Jury is out?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

The sales staff is very customer service oriented there.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I for one expected a short trip, I at least hoped so.

We went around 30 years with less than ten days separation for short trips. The last few years my wife has gone off gallivanting with her sisters a week at a time.

The first time was very difficult for me and I slept on my side of the bed.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

Is “hip hugger” a term for strip club?

assuming it is... you’re showing your age if you think there’s any carpet there anymore. Probably all lineoleum or tile with a mix of of hardwood

Top Bottom