• ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Try staying home after surgery on Sep 3rd with hardly any energy to do anything but fart. Beats being on strike tho!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Its a love hate relationship I have with those nights alone. When the wife takes the kids to visit out of state friends, On the one hand I get to eat some of my favorite foods that nobody else in the house will eat, (like hamburger gravy over boiled potato wedges) but at the same time I get bored and miss them. It helps remind me that I dont know what I would do with myself if anything happened to them. (and renews my thankfulness for them)

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    Wife is on a road trip visiting friends this weekend too. There’s so many options. I have a hard time deciding between what I should get done and what I want to do. Go dump a few hundred rounds at the range or yard work. Buy a new gun or save for property taxes. Maybe Just hang out around the house and do nothing. If she was going to be gone longer I could do all of the above and have time to spare. Maybe I’ll start with sleeping in tomorrow and see how the rest of the weekend goes.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Mine has been gone all week also, due back 8:00 p.m. flight this eve. Been busy with a painting contractor but the dog and I have enjoyed the quiet conditions. And yes the dishwasher is running, just vacuumed so all is good. Must be something about female travel in October.
    All good things come to an end, but what would we do with out them.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Its a love hate relationship I have with those nights alone. When the wife takes the kids to visit out of state friends, On the one hand I get to eat some of my favorite foods that nobody else in the house will eat, (like hamburger gravy over boiled potato wedges) but at the same time I get bored and miss them. It helps remind me that I dont know what I would do with myself if anything happened to them. (and renews my thankfulness for them)
    If you ever want to live a little, try the hot dog gravy, and then when you get good at it maybe you can have us all over?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Hot dog gravy? :puke: You can keep that one.

Mine was one of Grandma's depression meals. Not sure why I liked it. Oh, and she (and I) also made scratch drop biscuits. The rest of the family would also smother the biscuits, but I just eat them buttered on the side.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Hamburger gravy is way better than snausage gravy.
    Forget them biscuits. Toast or potatoes with fried cackleberries on top.

My old lady never leaves unlike the ex -> Left me with the kids & I did my best to raise them. They still shared her DNA so it wasn't easy.:rolleyes:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    To go visit and help her sister (and kids) for about 10 days while said sister is super duper pregnant with twins. "Due any day" pregnant.

And I'm not sure how I'll survive the next 8 days all alone in this cruel world.

But I'm going to rent a DIY carpet cleaner and give that a whirl, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Is the "carpet cleaner" cute?

Top Bottom