• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Few days ago I could not call my wife not even leave a voice mail, nothing. She kept going through settings and found nothing. She was getting calls from other people so thought it was my phone. "Dear, you don't have me blocked do you?" There it was, no idea how she did it. Jim.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    This morning when I got up I noticed my wife's phone was on charge, I don't know if she let it go dead or not but it was on. So I called her number and sure enough her phone was on (call forwarding) again. So I dialed *73 and turned (call forwarding) off and she is again able to receive calls.

So here is the kicker, I turned her phone completely off, not just restarted and when I turned it on again, it's back on call forwarding, so I dial *73 to shut off (call forwarding). So now I just restart the phone, not turning it off, and again it's back on (call forwarding) and I have to dial *73 to turn it off.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This morning when I got up I noticed my wife's phone was on charge, I don't know if she let it go dead or not but it was on. So I called her number and sure enough her phone was on (call forwarding) again. So I dialed *73 and turned (call forwarding) off and she is again able to receive calls.

So here is the kicker, I turned her phone completely off, not just restarted and when I turned it on again, it's back on call forwarding, so I dial *73 to shut off (call forwarding). So now I just restart the phone, not turning it off, and again it's back on (call forwarding) and I have to dial *73 to turn it off.

OK, so now you have shown that if the phone is off for any reason, it goes to call forwarding. Getting closer to the root cause.

Time to swap sims and see if the behavior follows the carrier account, or the device.

If its the handset, your number will start forwarding after a shutdown.
    If its the account, hers will still forward when shut down even though she now has a different handset on the line.

And I may have missed it. did you try this?

https://www.wikihow.com/Stop-Call-Forwarding-on-Samsung-Galaxy

Another fix could be to back up her pictures and any other data (probably a good idea to sync her contacts somewhere first) then factory reset the phone in case there is a hidden setting or app (or bug in the config settings) that is causing it.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    "Another fix could be to back up her pictures and any other data (probably a good idea to sync her contacts somewhere first) then factory reset the phone in case there is a hidden setting or app (or bug in the config settings) that is causing it."

We've done the factory reset several times.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    OK then. If the link I sent doesnt find the setting, its time to swap sim cards to see if it follows the device or the account.

If it follows the account, maybe getting a new SIM and moving the number to that one?

Ive got a spare 3 in 1 4G LTE sim kit from them if you need one and they wont ship a new one to you on their dime.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Damn. I just looked at mine. You are right. I think that was the last gen to use the Micro sim. everything else now uses nano sims.

Ive got a spare iphone that uses a nano if you need to test.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Well I have ocomplished one thing so far. I discovered that my phones SD card was corrupted so I took the easy way out and bought a new 32gb card so now that's working. It kept saying I was running out of memory and I was having to delete stuff, so I'm going to move all my photos.

On the subject of the nano sd card, when I removed my micro SD card it had no effect on my phones performance, so I'm thinking that it won't effect my wife's phone either as far as the call forwarding goes.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Yes, I guess I am but none the less I do have more storage now.

As far as the Sim card goes, I don't now where their at or how to change them
    I guess I'll have to look it up on goggle.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yes, I guess I am but none the less I do have more storage now.

As far as the Sim card goes, I don't now where their at or how to change them
    I guess I'll have to look it up on goggle.

A lot of times they're under the battery, and they typically slide into a little "pocket" or slot.

It will look something like this, but you will probably only see part of it until you pull it out:
    iu

Here's one on a Galaxy S4. Yours should be similar I would think:

iu

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    OK, I found it, the Sim card was under the SD card. I'll have to check the wife's Sim phone card to see if there the same kind.
    Yeah, their the same but I noticed she doesn't have a SD card or a replaceable battery though.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well good! If they're the same, you should be able to test the hand sets tonight to see if your phone goes to call forwarding with her sim card in it. If it does, then you know it's an issue with Straight Talk and not the hand set, like others have said. The SD card or lack thereof won't make a difference. Getting close to solving the mystery! :yesway:

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    STOP!!!!! HOLD THE PRESSES.

I have now discovered a new problem with my wifes phone. it seems the non-replaceable battery is toast. It runs itself down overnight. I had it fully charged last night and it was dead as a door nail this morning. Time for a new phone.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    STOP!!!!! HOLD THE PRESSES.

I have now discovered a new problem with my wifes phone. it seems the non-replaceable battery is toast. It runs itself down overnight. I had it fully charged last night and it was dead as a door nail this morning. Time for a new phone.

Whatever new phone you get will most likely have a non replaceable battery. Make sure to keep it charged. Running a Li-Ion battery into the ground is what kills them quicker than anything else.

Top Bottom