• ...and so much more!
  • s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Question for the op;

How does a judge in Indiana know a witness in vegas?

Then my girlfriend breaks up with me. That sucked. Ended up moving here from Vegas to go to school and rebuild my life..

Also while you were 18 you were in Cali (couldnt own a gun) then went to new york...then you moved to vegas...then you moved to indiana. All this happened while you were 18?

Oh welcome to Ingo....I think

Last edited:

quewing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2013
    Indianapolis
    All the witnesses were in Indiana.

I've moved three times since 18. CA to NY, NY to Vegas, and Vegas to Indy. I was living in my mother's home in CA. She was letting me stay there to finish up high school and stuff. Unfortunately, I was unemployed. She started renting it out on the weekend, so I moved to NY to live with a friend. NY was fine. My roommate in NY was fine. I just left because I couldn't take the rainbow and unicorns perspective that a majority of people seemed to have there. I moved to Vegas from NY. I was in Vegas for a few months, and kicked out in late July. I was homeless for a bit, and then took the little money I had left and moved here. Honestly, this whole incident aside, I really, really love it here. I'm glad I moved here; I'm just upset because of the events that transpired.

Again, partially my fault.

Jamil, I agree with you there. I'm young. I've made bad decisions. I'm trying my best to learn and grow from the consequences.

Yepthatsme, according to to the notice required by I.C. 34-26-5-3(c):
    PURSUANT TO 18 U.S.C. 922(g), ONCE A RESPONDENT HAS RECEIVED NOTICE OF THIS ORDER AND AN OPPORTUNITY TO BE HEARD, IT IS A FEDERAL VIOLATION TO PURCHASE, RECEIVE, OR POSSESS A FIREARM WHILE SUBJECT TO THIS ORDER IF THE PROTECTED PERSON IS:
    (A) THE RESPONDENT'S CURRENT OR FORMER SPOUSE;
    (B) A CURRENT OR FORMER PERSON WITH WHOM THE RESPONDENT RESIDED WHILE IN AN INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP; OR
    (C) A PERSON WITH WHOM THE RESPONDENT HAS A CHILD.
    INTERSTATE VIOLATION OF THIS ORDER MAY
    SUBJECT THE RESPONDENT TO FEDERAL CRIMINAL PENALTIES UNDER 18 U.S.C. 2261 AND 18 U.S.C. 2262.

I'll be contacting a few attorneys to see what "possession" is defined as.

Duke Short

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    I read your post. Then briefly some advise. Now here is some more. Suck it up stop blaming everyone else for your mistakes. Man Up. We all have been hosed and many by vindictive females but keep in mind it takes two to have one problem. In reality you made some bad choices we all do. Learn from them, don't live with someone that you really don't know you'll get hosed. Make a bad decision, you get hosed. Run your mouth to the wrong person, you get hosed. Say the wrong thing to the wrong person, you get hosed. Bump your gums to the Judge, guess what, you get hosed. Mouth off to The Po-Po yup, you get hosed. God gave you two ears and one mouth. He did that for a reason. Throttle back or you'll get throttled on, either way you'll figure it out - or not. Good luck. Welcome to the real world & welcome to INGO.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    And now you are more wise.

As for me, I'll be at the bar, drinking.

And I'll provide some advice to you, don't drink and drive, driving bar stools can be dangerous when your intoxicated, expecially if the SOP (significant other police) catches you. :D

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    I will never understand how or why some people are contempt with being ruled by other people.

Contempt or content? I'm assuming the latter.

OP, Live and learn. Lotsa good advice already except for this:
    If you decide not to possess a firearm because the "law" says you cant that's your mistake.

Life is hard, buy a helmet.
    :welcome:

Last edited:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Ignoring the story, all I have to say is: 1) Be more careful of your actions, words, and the company you keep and 2) move to a free state.

sb0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Indy
    I recently turned 18 and hopped up and moved to one of the most disgustingly liberal states in the US--New York. At the time, I was living in CA and wasn't able to own firearms due to a little mishap that occurred when I said something I didn't mean (I've definitely learned that lesson since). I basically got put on a psych hold for "threatening" (though, it wasn't a threat as much as it was a figure of speech) to do harm to self. Said "I want to die". Never tried to hurt myself, nor did the thought cross my mind. But I said it. In CA, a psych hold (also known as a 5150) invokes a 5 year state-level gun ban, meaning that if I move, Cali can't do anything about it. Anyway, after moving around a bunch, I ended up in Vegas. Changed residencies and got an NV ID, and low and behold, I have my gun rights back. Yay!

Bought a Glock 17 from a private seller. Took about 10 hours worth of classes just so I'd know how to use and maintain it--and most importantly, be safe with it. Great. Things go well for a while. Then I get kicked out due to an argument with the person I was living with. Out on the streets. Left the gun in a safe with someone I trust so I wouldn't have to have it on me all the time. Then my girlfriend breaks up with me. That sucked. Ended up moving here from Vegas to go to school and rebuild my life... Up until she gets a protective order against me for "stalking" her. It was really out of vindictiveness and anger, and most of all, to have control over me. She twisted the situation into something it completely wasn't. So I had the hearing, couldn't get my family to pitch in for an attorney. Had an extremely manipulative judge who wouldn't listen to a damn word I was saying, and instead asked me questions out of context without letting me explain anything, all the while I was presenting on-paper evidence that proved I hadn't stalked her (at least according to the I.C. 35-45-10). He ignored it and maintained the order. Brady disqualified for two years. That means I'll get my gun rights when I'm 20--or if my ex decides to drop it. Pretty sure the judge knew the petitioner and her "witnesses". It was in a county about an hour northwest, so typical small town politics on top of that. And now, all of a sudden, my family is willing to help me with legal fees. After I lost. Heh. Figures.

I know this is my first post. I'm just irritated with this whole gun situation. Not once have I ever thought of hurting anyone with it. Second time that I've had my constitutional right stripped from me without due process. I guess I just have bad luck.

Anyone ever been in a similar situation?

You've got two years, you'll be 20 before you know it. Keep your nose clean, and just accept that you have to wait, unless you want to double down and take more risk.

As far as your troubles, virtually everything that happens to anyone is their fault in the sense that they could have avoided it. So it may not be your fault, but it's still your fault.

So ditch the crazy women, and stay away from potential confrontation.

In the meantime, buy a pellet gun or something to pass the time.

And stay the hell away from the east coast man.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Nothing against the OP, but I'm going to assume the hearing was fair. Everyone who loses at hearing thinks the judge had it in for him. In point of fact, once you're in court you're rolling the dice and things could go very wrong. That doesn't mean you did not have due process.

Sometimes the facts are not fair or impartial.

Sometimes people 'shoot themselves in the foot' at hearing.

Doesn't mean they didn't receive due process.

IF the OP can show the ruling was contrary to the evidence, or arbitrary, capricious or an abuse of discretion, he would have a point. But since we don't even know the actual subject of the hearing, and didn't hear the evidence, I'm going to 'stare decisis'.

Rule #1 of due process, avoid DP at all costs if at all possible.
    Doesn't change a thing. Going through the motions isn't due process. Think Spanish Inquisition. Or the Salem Witch trials. Predetermined verdicts and manipulated proceedings all under the guise of a "fair trial." Whether or not OP got a fair one is moot. Your comment is still flawed on the face of it.

quewing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Indy. I'm indeed going to school, however, I'd prefer to not name it. I am indeed working. I joined INGO because I have an interest in firearms, their mechanics, and also like the community. I've been reading this forum for a while. :) I'm definitely not going to go out and break the law with this order--and with what I'd like to do for a career, being a felon definitely wouldn't fly.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Just slow down little buck. So you made a few mistakes, so what! I'll reason with you though just on the fact that all humans err. I'm not one to be totally convinced that all actions are the fault of your own as if the people that accompanied you were or are angels. It is possible for one to bear weight caused by the actions of others but, the faults that you know to be yours, you can learn from and fix with time and patience. A good start would be to find a couple hobbies you like and you'll see that time takes care of itself. It's the only sure thing we're all equal to. Good luck!:patriot:

Top Bottom