• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    If you can't deflect them to cats, dive in head first and embarrass your daughters. Get the dogs little outfits and costumes, dress them up for Halloween. Get one of those little dog purses and take one of them wherever you go with your daughters, mince and fluff and all that. Don't worry, we'll hold your man card for you.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    To be clear I refer to my wife (of 21yrs) and 9yr old daughter as "my girls". Fenced backyard (partial privacy). I'm sure since the girls want these dogs so badly that inevitably the pups will stick to the alpha (me) like glue and they'll be my road dawgin' truck buddies. I'll do the training and I don't abide constant yapping or biting. They seem fragile but I'll toughen em up lol...
    God help me.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    To be clear I refer to my wife (of 21yrs) and 9yr old daughter as "my girls". Fenced backyard (partial privacy). I'm sure since the girls want these dogs so badly that inevitably the pups will stick to the alpha (me) like glue and they'll be my road dawgin' truck buddies. I'll do the training and I don't abide constant yapping or biting. They seem fragile but I'll toughen em up lol...
    God help me.

They seem like very loving creatures....:)

AN.gif

Lord now I want one just to do this.....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

JaRjaoU.gif

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Do you golf? A guy I know had a chihuahua that would bark, spin in a circle, then retrieve the ball every time he sank a putt. When he missed his putt, it would do at least two cartwheels depending on how hard he kicked it.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I've probably been around 10 of them. All were barkers. Probably 2/3s were biters. A few were really cuddly. I would play with the parents so you can see the temperament. I'd avoid pet stores like the plague.

My friends pup only likes her. And it is really needy. Early comments are spot on about some of them attaching to one person.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I'm allergic to yapping dogs, so I'd never consider a Chihuahua. That being said, don't do anything to tease them or encourage them to bark. Reward them when they don't bark. Get a good book on raising them and follow the advise of experts. Since you already have them picked out for you, you have no choice in their inherited behavior. Many women/ girls consider them a fashion accessory and tote them around everywhere. Encourage this. It'll keep them from jangling your nerves, since they won't be around all the time.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    We had 5 at one time, we have 3 left now. One is my shadow, has to be where I am.
    They don't smell "doggy" like a larger dog.
    Watch out where you step as they get under foot easy.
    Not great dogs for little kids to fling around, they can get hurt easily, there's not much to their frame.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I promised myself and my family that we would never get a microwave dog.

Microwave Dog=Any dog that fits into a microwave.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    When we had 5....

DslPcSh.jpg

3 left but we have 2 rescue cats now as well, for vicious dogs :rolleyes: they get along pretty well with other animals.

rvcUp4k.jpg

They are getting pretty old now, I'm not sure how many years they have left.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Get a trail cam. (Snapdragon can fill you in on the details)

Wow, they're getting a bad rap. Ours is smart, sweet, and loves to play. Yes, she likes to bark at strange people and strange sounds. We have an alley along part of our back yard that borders the middle school parking lot, and for some reason people love to walk their dogs right past our back gate. She and our other three sometimes get carried away barking at the foot traffic, and they are promptly brought in. Apparently someone thought that barking for ~3 minutes a few times a day was reason enough to chuck a cake of rat poison over our fence last weekend. Fortunately I found it before any of the dogs had eaten it, but we had a very stressful weekend inducing vomiting in four dogs and watching for signs of poisoning.

Our little 'killer'

Top Bottom