What’s your favorite semi-auto for conceal carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I haven't worn out my first carry gun yet, I've tried to replace her few times with the new plastic guns, but every time I shortly go back to Tysons Corner and old horsehide.
    Over 40 years I have carried her, Its never balked at different ammo and other than the bottom grip screws always falling out, :dunno: it has been a great pistol.

View attachment 71166

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Depending on the situation, determines what and how I carry, but the one gun that I religiously carry is a NAA Guardian .32acp. Sometimes (usually) I won’t carry a gun on my person, but it’s always within arms reach and usually big.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Depending on how I feel, I alternate between a CZ 97B or a Kahr CT40. Normally, for work, either one is carried in a High Noon horizontal shoulder rig with 2 extra mags on the off side. Weekends usually see a scabbard holster for either or an IWB if my shirt doean't cover the OWB. Both my IWB holsters are MTR Leather products. Looking into an MTR shoulder rig for the CZ as the straps of the High Noon units are fairly slim and the whole 97B setup weighs close to 5 lb. The MTR rig has tapered straps that are much wider at the weight bearing areas.

Deuce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I almost always conceal carry my SRC9 or Micro 9 and an extra mag. When I open carry and bc I don't look much like a cop, people look at me like I'm getting ready to rob and murder them so I tend to stick with concealing my firearms. Lol :):

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    S&W Shield .45 in an IWB. Spare mag in back pocket. In colder weather, I will rotate back to my S&W 60 .357 with a backup speedloader in a jacket pocket. Defensive ammo at all times (other than the range). I know that a 9 mm seems to be a preferred choice of many here and that's fine. But if I ever have to use my weapon, I want the bad guy to know he's been shot. :):

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    S&W Shield .45 in an IWB. Spare mag in back pocket. In colder weather, I will rotate back to my S&W 60 .357 with a backup speedloader in a jacket pocket. Defensive ammo at all times (other than the range). I know that a 9 mm seems to be a preferred choice of many here and that's fine. But if I ever have to use my weapon, I want the bad guy to know he's been shot. :):

your last sentence is why i choose a larger caliber.

i know bullet technology has improved over the years, but i still prefer a 45acp or 40S&W.
    guess i'm stuck in my "old ways"

:cheers:

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I have been carrying a three inch LCR-X for a while but just recently picked up a Glock 36 from a friend. He already had trigger work done and I shot it far better than the LCR. Decided to go back to a 45 because shooting something twice is silly :)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    AIWB my Gen5 G19 100% as my off-duty gun. Conceals well with almost as many rounds as my duty G17M. I do happen to carry my G17M AIWB with a tac light while at work but in my polo and khaki pants, just not concealed. I do have a backup S&W 642 .38 that I can carry off-duty but it's been a few years since I've carried it in that capacity.

Mark in Indiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2018
    Evansville
    Taurus PT111 G2. My only carry gun. I chose it because of the feel, price, ratings and 12+1 capacity. Conceal/carries fine in cold & hot weather. Over 600 rounds at the range without issue (except for operator error).
    I won't say it's a perfect fit for everyone, but I'm satisfied.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    When I OC or don't care too much about concealment, FS 1911 in 45acp.
    If I'm really concerned about concealment, Springfield XDs in 45acp with the short mag configuration. Slightly less concerned, or if I'm gonna have a big jacket or something on, I'll run the extended mag.
    I hate shooting this gun at the range for more than a few mags, but I'm comfortable enough with it to trust in a defensive situation.

Tex281

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2015
    NWI
    I think I’ll check out some subcompact single stacks in 9mm. I know there’s a ton of discussion between calibers. My thoughts are if the ammo is cheaper than I’ll shoot more and be more proficient with the 9mm.
    I’m leaning towards a Glock or the XDS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom