• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Ive actually had the miss fortune of letting off a 9mm inside my home and they would be crying from just the bang alone. Totally faked.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I am thinking this one is real. The cat did jump, action cycled the round and the spent flies in the air. He was wearing a plate and soft armor. With the muzzle point and held against the armor tightly (his arms were flxed possibly indicated pressure), the sound would be muffled some what and gun shots are always quieter on camera, most camera mics have a limit to what db's they cut out at, usually around 80 or so..

Last edited:

harrisonpainter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    (NOT SURE WHY MY COMMENT HAS ALL THIS JIBBERISH ON IT? I CAN'T EVEN GET RID OF IT IN EDIT?)

These people are a$$ clowns, and it makes me think that the whole "thinning the heard" concept might have some legs.

img, #cubbies-overlay{ -moz-transition-property: margin, box-shadow, z-index; -moz-transition-duration: 0.1s; -webkit-transition-property: margin, box-shadow, z-index; -webkit-transition-duration: 0.1s; } .cubbies-selected{ z-index: 9999; box-shadow: 3px 3px 8px -1px blue !important; cursor: pointer !important; margin: -3px 3px 3px -3px; } .cubbies-selected:active{ box-shadow: 2px 2px 5px -1px darkblue !important; margin: -1px 1px 1px -1px; } #cubbies-overlay{ position: fixed; z-index: 9999; bottom: 30px; left: 30px; box-shadow: 0 2px 3px rgba(0,0,0,0.8); border: none; } #cubbies-overlay:hover{ box-shadow: 0 2px 3px rgb(0,0,0); }

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I am thinking this one is real. The cat did jump, action cycled the round and the spent flies in the air. He was wearing a plate and soft armor. With the muzzle point and held against the armor tightly (his arms were flxed possibly indicated pressure), the sound would be muffled some what and gun shots are always quieter on camera, most camera mics have a limit to what db's they cut out at, usually around 80 or so..

This is my opinion on the original video also.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I agree the fact that there was no boom makes you think it is a fake. Either way he is a dumbass.

I have fired .45 acp immediately adjacent to a microphone and at least in my case the sound was highly muffled in the playback. I guess there is something either intentional or accidental in the software, electronics, whatever that mutes that type of noise to protect the device.

One other thing is the cat didn't seem to have much of a reaction either so I'm smelling b.s.

Other than that I agree with you!! Moron!!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The electronics from the mike forward are not designed for the dynamic range necessary to reproduce gunshots realistically. You're talking a sound that's maybe 160dB, where even a CD can reproduce only from maybe 30 to 120dB depending on having a badass amp and speakers. 160 isn't going to go through; it'll be clipped and severely muffled. Every 10dB is twice as loud, so you're losing 15/16ths of the sound, even more if you don't have 120dB amp/speakers, which you pretty much don't on a PC. Don't be surprised if it doesn't interest a cat.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I wonder if there was some sort of edit in there. I can't spot it, but there is still something that doesn't seem right on this.

Either way... *shakes head*

Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    Yes,it's a real shot...the muzzle against the vest is gonna muffle the noise......nonetheless natural selection failed us because we're seeing this video,and not reading about this guy in the obits.....just my :twocents:

Top Bottom