• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 812homes4u

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    Columbus
    I cant get use to having one on my ankle. I always feel like it is slipping off, even if its not. Tried the Uncle mikes. Would be a great way to carry if it didnt feel like it was falling off.

Ragenarok007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Mooresville
    I carried a .25 Beretta bobcat in an Uncle Mike's ankle holster for a couple years. It carried fine. Its not the ideal method of carry, nor the ideal concealed calibre. Its only useful for undercover work or as a hidden backup in case your main gets taken. It might be alright on the inside of the left ankle for CC in your car.

That was the gun James Bond used in first novels before switching to the .380 Walther PPK. He preferred it for its concealability but admitted that without his expert shot placement it was underpowered as a sidearm. M was the one that insisted he switch. This is just all fiction of course. Just thought it was interesting.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    I have the galco lite and it works great! As others have said, the retention strap will need to be broken in but that isn't too much trouble. Very comfortable and btw I have fairly skinny ankles and it fits just fine. Great rig!

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I carried a .25 Beretta bobcat in an Uncle Mike's ankle holster for a couple years. It carried fine. Its not the ideal method of carry, nor the ideal concealed calibre. Its only useful for undercover work or as a hidden backup in case your main gets taken. It might be alright on the inside of the left ankle for CC in your car.

That was the gun James Bond used in first novels before switching to the .380 Walther PPK. He preferred it for its concealability but admitted that without his expert shot placement it was underpowered as a sidearm. M was the one that insisted he switch. This is just all fiction of course. Just thought it was interesting.
    I am right handed and always carry my ankle rig on the inside left leg. I do that so I can access it with either hand. Works for me.:twocents:

archy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Oaktown/Vincennes ar
    I don't think much of ankle holsters. This is in part due to the time I spent in Georgia where at the time concealed carry was legal, but only with holsters on the hip, which since I was using a Browning Hi-Power in one of Milt Sparks' early *Summer Specials* was dandy by me.

However, ankle-mounted magazine carriers are another thing entirely, and are an item I find VERY handy. Though there seem to be few commercial offerings available, a rework of a cheapie ankle holster for a pistol is pretty simple, and so are modifications of those ankle-wrap runners' weight straps, which have five or six magazine-sized weight slots each.

Works for me. Your milage may vary.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    +1 for the Galco with thumb break retention. I've had other all elastic types and they feel like a blood pressure cuff. The Galco is all leather (soft too) for the actual holster and it is sewn onto a semi-elastic strap with velcro. It doesn't constrict my ankle and the g27 is held nicely.

Top Bottom