• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Ive tried a ankle holster once & it made me walk lopsided & the holster turned all over the place.Could have been the holster but it was tight when I started out & seemed comfortable but became more irritating by the time I took it off.It was a pretty light revolver as well (S&W airweight) just not for me to carry that way ,also takes some doing to access it (lift leg or bend over, pull up pants leg,draw ) Just wasnt for me

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I have used an Uncle Mike's ankle holster with the garter for about 15 years, carrying a Beretta 3032, Ruger LCP and Diamondback DB380 and DB9. I am on my second one and they have never failed me. My GF also carries in an Uncle Mike's and likes it.

I have also used a Fobus version for a Glock 26 but did not like the kydex/plastic holster part. Whatever you choose, I would very much recommend a model with a garter strap for extra support and retention.

Last edited:

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    Glock 26 in a Galco Ankle-Lite.

Anyone who says they don't like it or can't do it... isn't doing it right.

ANKLELIT.jpg

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Uncle Mikes with my DB9 was very comfortable. I tried it with my CM9 and it wasn't comfortable and didn't conceal very well.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Galco Ankle Holsters are the most comfortable I've tried. And I've had a lot and got rid of most but kept the Galco. Even had one for my Colt 1911 Officers.

Now I use it for a Glock 26 with mag ext. - 13+1. Heavier guns I'll use the calf strap. Drawback is having the right pants that will allow the bulge down there but this is the case with most all ankle carries.
    I've ankle carried with shorts, but only in the mirror. :n00b:

Probably one of the priciest holsters but well worth it when you try the others and hate them. Does take a bit to get use to but once it is adjusted to your liking, you'll know you made the right choice.

Of course Galco can't compete with that purty flower design your looking at. :draw:

pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    For my revolvers, I use the normal Galco and it's great! No, I don't walk funny either... I wear boot cut jeans so that hides it too.

I'm trying to figure out if I should try the Galco ankle lite for my Sig P238. I got one but the gun did not fit at all, so I'm thinking it was defective? Hoping anyway

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Galco Ankle Holsters are the most comfortable I've tried. And I've had a lot and got rid of most but kept the Galco. Even had one for my Colt 1911 Officers.

Now I use it for a Glock 26 with mag ext. - 13+1. Heavier guns I'll use the calf strap. Drawback is having the right pants that will allow the bulge down there but this is the case with most all ankle carries.
    I've ankle carried with shorts, but only in the mirror. :n00b:

Probably one of the priciest holsters but well worth it when you try the others and hate them. Does take a bit to get use to but once it is adjusted to your liking, you'll know you made the right choice.

Of course Galco can't compete with that purty flower design your looking at. :draw:
    I think most people take the flower off. I probably will, too, if i get that one. Still undecided. Would you like me to send you the purty flower if i do? :p

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    For those of you using the Galco, will i have trouble with it fitting my ankle and lower leg? I'm guessing i'm a bit more petite than some of you!

My galco model was the standard "Galco Ankle Glove" with the wide neoprene band, fitted leather holster and the sheepskin padding inside. I wondered about size too when I got mine but I had no issues fitting it to my chicken legs other than barely having a calf to hold up the calf strap.
    They retail about 90ish but you can get them for less if you look. Got mine on gunbroker for under 60.(got lucky)

If you do get the hippie holster, send me the flower. I'll put it on my Galco to match my loud socks and bacon shoes with my Bermuda shorts. And NO I won't model it for you. Only in the mirror at home.(in my mom's basement) :eek:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Galco ankle glove, hands down the best ankle holster out there. I carried a snubby Taurus .38 as a back up for more than a few years while working varied security jobs. Unless your ankle is toothpick thin, should fit just fine. Galco makes an extension for the ankle glove/lite for us 'beefier' guys.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    My galco model was the standard "Galco Ankle Glove" with the wide neoprene band, fitted leather holster and the sheepskin padding inside. I wondered about size too when I got mine but I had no issues fitting it to my chicken legs other than barely having a calf to hold up the calf strap.
    They retail about 90ish but you can get them for less if you look. Got mine on gunbroker for under 60.(got lucky)

If you do get the hippie holster, send me the flower. I'll put it on my Galco to match my loud socks and bacon shoes with my Bermuda shorts. And NO I won't model it for you. Only in the mirror at home.(in my mom's basement) :eek:

No picture= no flower for you!:nono:

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Galco ankle glove, hands down the best ankle holster out there. I carried a snubby Taurus .38 as a back up for more than a few years while working varied security jobs. Unless your ankle is toothpick thin, should fit just fine. Galco makes an extension for the ankle glove/lite for us 'beefier' guys.
    I'm not beefy or toothpicky, just average female ankles, i guess!

pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    I ordered a Galco Ankle Lite for my Sig P238. It does NOT fit at all, so I emailed Galco and received the following instructions for breaking this holster in:

One of the side effects of wet molding is a consolidation of the leather fibers, which “shrinks” the holster. If the fit is too tight when holstering your firearm the first time, don’t force it. If you do force the firearm into the holster, it may be very difficult to remove. Instead, follow these simple steps to break in your new holster using a process called blocking:

1. Place the unloaded firearm in a plastic freezer bag, or cover it in 2-3 layers of plastic kitchen wrap. Do not cover the grip.
    2. Insert the bagged/wrapped firearm slowly into the holster, gently twisting it side-to-side to minimize tearing of the bag/wrap.
    3. Once the firearm is completely seated in the holster, twist it about 1/16” in both directions 6-12 times.
    4. Allow the bagged/wrapped firearm to sit in the holster for about 15 minutes.
    5. Remove the firearm from the holster and remove the bag/wrap from the firearm.
    6. Insert the unloaded firearm into the holster, which should now be snug but not loose. If it is still too tight, repeat the above steps until the holster is broken in to your satisfaction.

If the holster has a retention strap, it may also need some break in.

1. Place your unloaded firearm in the holster.
    2. Hold the firearm grip in your right hand and the retention strap in your left.
    3. Prepare the strap for stretching by grasping the snap and pulling the strap taut (remove the slack).
    4. Twist the strap back and forth in a clockwise and counterclockwise rotation, while keeping it taut, 10-12 times.
    5. Firmly push the firearm away from you while pulling on the strap and continue rotating the strap.
    6. Release the tension for a moment and repeat two or three times.
    7. Pull the strap over the back of the firearm without releasing tension.
    8. While maintaining the strong tension, attempt to snap the retention strap closed.
    9. Repeat steps five and six as needed.

Try the fit with your unloaded firearm again. Repeat the process as needed. You may need to focus on the ejection port and trigger guard area of the holster, as these are the most deeply molded areas.

Try our Draw-Ez applied to the inside of the leather holster to shorten the break-in period and to provide a slicker draw. Draw-Ez only treats the interior surface of the leather and will not be absorbed by the leather or harm the finish of the firearm.

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    Galco Glove, IMHO, is the only ankle holster worth wearing. You're going to pay close to $75 for one, but it is unmatched in it's comfort and security. Well worth the $$$$. I carry both a Glock 27 and even a Glock 30 with no problems.

pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    btw, if you to go with the Galco Ankle Lite it will take a couple of weeks to break the thing in (which is not the same with the Galco Ankle - that works perfectly straight out of the box - that's what I use for my .38)

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I got the Galco Ankle Lite. I did have to work at stretching it quite a bit before i could get it to fit. It does not seem too bad, i wish i could have got the Ankle Glove, but this works!
    Thanks

Top Bottom