What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    K. Hansotia & Company
    Sherpa limited reserve.

This was one of the 10 cigars for $15 with the carry case I got from CI a while back. This thing is really good. Nice and mild.

OkbISCQ.jpg

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Ordered 50 RG Santiago Churchill Connecticuts from thompson cigar for 10% off and free shipping using the veteran discount came to 86 and some change.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Smoked an Oliva 2nd today during the garden work... box is starting to look empty... I think someone is smoking them up.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Smoked an Oliva 2nd today during the garden work... box is starting to look empty... I think someone is smoking them up.

I have a similar problem with my bourbon collection. How'd all these bottles get so... Empty.:dunno:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I wanted to try a Diesel Whiskey Row. The have a cask (grey ring) and a Sherry cask (pink ring). The place I go to had the cask but not the Sherry. So I just bought it. Haven't smoked it yet but it has a different (good) smell. I suppose they use old bourbon barrels to age the tobacco in. I'll let you know when I try it.

j64-pm-1005-art.png

Interesting article about the Sherry Whiskey Row .

https://www.leafenthusiast.com/leaf/cigar-review-diesel-whiskey-row-sherry-cask/

AJ used a blend of Nicaraguan Habano filler, a Brazilian Arapiraca binder from the Alagoas region, and a Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro wrapper. The Brazilian binder leaf was aged in Rabbit Hole’s Pedro Ximénez Sherry barrels. Not noted on the press release is the fact that the barrels starts as Pedro Ximénez Sherry barrels, before going to Kentucky to provide additional aging for Rabbit Hole’s Straight Bourbon Whiskey…so the tobacco will pick up characteristics of both beverages that have spent time in the barrels

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My report.

Not a bad cigar at all. I'd put it on the lighter side of medium. A little earthy but no overly so. But the strangest thing is the aftertaste. It's really good. Most cigars, at least for me, leave a "burnt" (best I can describe it) flavor when I'm done. This one has a very pleasant aftertaste. Almost sweet, but it's not sweet when I'm smoking it. I'm interested in the Sherry Cask one now.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I use a punch. I used to straight cut but I like the punch better. Less tobacco eaten that way.:)

I have found that I really like knife cutting the best. I get good draw and very little tobacco in the mouth as the sharp knife just cuts the crown. A lot of the tobacco folks get in the mouth is from the cutter crushing the end.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I enjoyed a CAO Columbia tonight. It was one of the bundle cigars I got in a deal up-thread. Mild and smooth. For a couple dollar stick, it's a winner.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Item Description
    spacer.gif
    In StockPrice
    spacer.gif
    QtyTotal
    spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    REO Chairman Pack of 20
    Item # REO-PM-1008
    In Stock$39.991$39.99
    spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    Rocky Patel Strada Torpedo Box of 20
    Item # RP6-PM-1011
    In Stock$39.991$39.99
    spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    Gurkha Warpig Robusto Pack of 15
    Item # GWP-PM-1020
    In Stock$29.991$29.99
    spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    Honey Bourbon Honey Bourbon
    Item # JKYPBBEEF-1006
    In Stock$0.001$0.00
    spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    Rocky Patel Vintage '90 Mini Belicoso Pack of 10
    Item # VKI-PM-1043
    In Stock$34.991$34.99
    spacer.gif

This is what I will be smoking the next month or so. Except the honey bourbon thing, that was some free jerky.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I just got another catalog in the mail today. Always good deals too.

Thumbing through one right now.

At this young stage in my cigar journey I am mainly looking at cheap samplers to find flavor profiles I like. There are a couple of options with cigars around $2-3 each.

I also look for bundles where they throw in free accessories like a torch lighter, cutter or travel humidor.

Until now I generally never had more than 4-10 sticks at a time, but since I've started looking at bundles, I'm to the point where I need to invest in a desk top humidor at the very least.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom