What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Today’s smoke for post celebration relaxing...

man_o_war_ruination_robusto_2.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I also bought a Alec Bradley "Magic Toast" yesterday while in Ohio. The name stuck my wife's fancy so I bought it. Anyone tried one yet?

ab4-pm-1000_left-1811.png

Ending 2019 with one of these. It's certainly full bodied. Not something I would normally gravitate towards, but picked one up a few weeks ago after seeing this post. I am enjoying it with a glass of sweet Moscato wine.

Lots of spice notes with a woody, nutty flavor and hint of chocolate. Smooth and slow burn.

I would recommend.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Ending 2019 with one of these. It's certainly full bodied. Not something I would normally gravitate towards, but picked one up a few weeks ago after seeing this post. I am enjoying it with a glass of sweet Moscato wine.

Lots of spice notes with a woody, nutty flavor and hint of chocolate. Smooth and slow burn.

I would recommend.

I enjoyed mine......for about 10 min. I thought I would have time Christmas night. About 10 minutes in, the in-laws had me help do some things at their house. Trying to get a puff in here and there was definitely not optional. I'll have to try another one later.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Visiting the kids in twentynine palms and picked up this for some New year's grilling...
    0e6047be8d32941102b53c3537fff4a9.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    CI has $20 off an order of $100+. Code is RING
    So i I ordered that big NUB sampler. It may be a struggle getting them all in the box but I do like the NUBs during winter when sometimes smokes have to be quicker than normal.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I need to pick up a few Nubs. I just ordered a sampler with 30 different Churchill's and I was looking at the humidor this morning thinking, "when will I find time to smoke all of these?"

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spent last week in California with the family. Between me, our son, and the son-in-law, we smoked entirely too many cigars and drank way too much bourbon. The MCX in Twentynine Palms actually has a really good selection of cigars. We spent a day in San Diego and found a great cigar shop on Coronado. Total Wine in Palm Springs has a great walk in humidor and more bourbon than I've ever seen in one place. I hope to achieve normal lung and liver function by next week sometime.:rolleyes:

This is not usually a favorite cigar of mine, but it went great with this particular bourbon...

iGkUAbQl.jpg

My son is really into Ashton's. I tried several and this was my favorite...

LLLU4kZl.jpg

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I was recently on a cruise and the ship had an awesome very comfortable cigar smoking lounge. The first evening at dinner I met a fellow cigar smoker and by the next morning had networked 8 guys and one girl who met 4-5 times for fellowship, cigars, and drinks. The bourbon list was weak by my standards with Woodford the very best available. I rekindled my affection for cognac with generous warmed Hennessy VS. Even learned a new warming trick, put hot water in a rocks glass, with a proper pour the brandy snifter will cradle on its side above the hot water and warm the cognac.

The only pic I could find of this...

550x480-warmed-cognac.jpg

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Out on the patio enjoying this beautiful spring like day with a creamy CAO Black and listening to a Grateful Dead show from Market Square Arena in October of '76 while sipping a bourbon and coke.

It doesn't get much better than this.

My attempt to recreate that experience with a few different names. On the screen porch with Padron 7000 maduro, a Sun King Caramel Apple Tripel, and Henry Mancini Pandora channel playing.

The Padron has become one of my go to's. Great bold flavor, well constructed, and a hour and a half for this fast smoker. Never got a dud in this line and that is not just my opinion, my cigar shop friends told me that when I tried it and they were right. Number 1 selling stick there.

The beer is a Belgian tripel aged in rum barrels with carmelized Granny Smith apples in brown sugar. A seasonal offering from Sun King. Mm mm...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom