What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Anything for you buddy :)

A lot of people have used the pipe to quit smoking cigarettes. Not saying that's your goal, just an observation.

How was the Escudo? I got to thinking later, but coins can be a little different to pack if you're not used to them. And I know your go to is more of a ribbon. I figured it wouldn't be a problem for you, though. I just know it took me a few tries to get that one packed right. It can be hard to keep lit and the flavor isn't as good when I don't pack it well. But when I do, mmmmm.

So you met my brother that day I visited. He will be getting his Master's the end of this month. So I figured he deserved a reward for his work.

Peterson Shannon B10 Briars pipe at TobaccoPipes.com

I ordered his from Briar and Burley. His will have more of a Birds Eye grain versus the Flame Grain in that pic. To go with it, I also ordered an 8 oz. bag of Esoterica Dorchester.

I am very good at packing my pipes...I just kind of crush the coins as I pack them....

I have a twenty year old copy of this book by "Richard Carlton Hacker"...A very well known gentleman in the pipe world...
    51C2J2AGQ3L._SX303_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    1635172.jpg
    untitled-14-2.jpg

He reminds me a lot of one of my favorite gun writers...."Rick Hacker"....

51m99vSeXSL._SX378_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

image137.jpg
    image151.jpg

Kind of funny huh???? I always kind of wondered if he doesn't want his pipe fans to know he also writes for the NRA.......

If only these Hollywood stars knew huh???:)

intlstylehackerhendrickshuntforever041814.jpg

Tell your brother congrats....Very nice pipe....Wonderful gift....

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I am very good at packing my pipes...I just kind of crush the coins as I pack them....

I have a twenty year old copy of this book by "Richard Carlton Hacker"...A very well known gentleman in the pipe world...
    51C2J2AGQ3L._SX303_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    1635172.jpg
    untitled-14-2.jpg

He reminds me a lot of one of my favorite gun writers...."Rick Hacker"....

51m99vSeXSL._SX378_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

image137.jpg
    image151.jpg

Kind of funny huh???? I always kind of wondered if he doesn't want his pipe fans to know he also writes for the NRA.......

If only these Hollywood stars knew huh???:)

intlstylehackerhendrickshuntforever041814.jpg

Tell your brother congrats....Very nice pipe....Wonderful gift....

I'll pass along your message. I figured the coins wouldn't bother you. Hope they were enjoyable.

I think I mentioned this, but Escudo is Portugese for "coin" or "shield", which makes a lot of sense. "Scutum" is Latin for "shield", even though we don't think of a round shield when we talk about the scutum a legionary would carry.

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    I was exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam and it is slowly killing me. One of the issues is lung damage. I only have 45% capacity. I don't mind dying BUT I do miss a good daily cigar.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I was exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam and it is slowly killing me. One of the issues is lung damage. I only have 45% capacity. I don't mind dying BUT I do miss a good daily cigar.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Man I hate to hear that, Luger. It's such a small thing to say in light of the sacrifices you made and are still making, but thank you for service. Really.

I just lit the bowl of a corncob pipe packed with Dunhill Elizabeathan Mixture. I'll puff it in your honor.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    There is a tobacconist in Jackson, MS called The Country Squire. I found out about them through their podcast of the same name. Anyway, they blend their own bulk tobaccos, which is somewhat rare among the already rare pipe tobacco shops. Most of what you see is rebranded Sutliff, Lane or Peter Stokkebye bulk blends. Right now I am smoking some of their Pirate's Alley in a churchwarden. It is a traditional VaPer, but really nicely done.

When you call the shop, you're likely to get the owner, and he is a really great guy. He hand writes a note and puts it in every shipment. I've tried 5 of their blends, and every one is exceptionally well executed.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Got home late last night/ early this morning.

The pup was too excited to go back to sleep, so we went out back.... air was starting to get chilly and damp, but the Peterson loaded with "golden Virginia" and "black Cavendish Virginia" while playing with the pup to burn off some energy was a good cap to the day!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I bought a new Drew Estate Java mint. Smells like a thin mint cookie. Should be an interesting cigar.

Finally had a chance to enjoy this today. The smell of the cigar is deceiving. Even the draw before it's lit tastes like a cookie. But once it's lit, it's very mellow on the mint. Not even as strong as a menthol cigarette. About half way down, I could start making out the Java flavor but it was very subtle.

I really enjoyed it. Now I really want to try the cherry ones.

jag09

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indy/Cloverdale
    Just pulled in this haul today! Excited, as these are some of my first cigar purchases

• (2) Padron Delicias Maduro
    • (1-Tin) Surrogates Cracker Crumbs
    • (2) Illusione Rothchildes
    • (1) Padron 1926 Series #90 Maduro (Tube)
    • (20 Total) Oliva Master Blends 3 Monster Deal
    Oliva 5-Cigar Sampler
    (1) Oliva Serie 'G' Toro
    (1) Oliva Master Blends III Robusto
    (1) Oliva Serie 'O' Robusto
    (1) Oliva Serie 'O' Maduro Robusto
    (1) Oliva Connecticut Reserve Robusto

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    Finally had a chance to enjoy this today. The smell of the cigar is deceiving. Even the draw before it's lit tastes like a cookie. But once it's lit, it's very mellow on the mint. Not even as strong as a menthol cigarette. About half way down, I could start making out the Java flavor but it was very subtle.

I really enjoyed it. Now I really want to try the cherry ones.

I have not had a Drew Estate that I didn’t like. I particularly like their Acid Blondie offering. Speaking of which, I rarely have time for a hour long smoke. What does everyone recommend that comes in a 38ish size?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I have not had a Drew Estate that I didn’t like. I particularly like their Acid Blondie offering. Speaking of which, I rarely have time for a hour long smoke. What does everyone recommend that comes in a 38ish size?

Not sure how I missed your question but the Javas I have now are 38's.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom