• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I usually wait til it stops before I hit the shovel, or if the sun is out I may expose some blacktop to encourage melting. Or sometimes I call the guy with the plow. And sometimes I wait fer an early Spring. You?

JimboCX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    shovel 2-3x to keep ahead of it. I have a 120ft x 8ft driveway and all done by hand. I have a privacy fence on one side so there isn't much room to put the snow. It'll stink.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I own two 4wd vehicles. I prefer to drive over/through it as opposed to shoveling. If it lingers long enough I might clear the sidewalks to appease the HOA but it usually melts before I have to.

stevee

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2013
    Avon
    I'm going out now to start shoveling. I want to get a head start and try to get as much done as I can before the hawk moves in.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Isn't this the reason why we have children....."back in my day we shoveled snow up hill...."

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A few snow shovels and zip! It's cleared off.

See this instructional video........ :D

[video=youtube;sPMbPlj75X0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPMbPlj75X0[/video]

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Nobody but me to do it, so I have to keep it done before it gets too deep. Haven't used the snowblower in 3 years, but I used it on the driveway this morning. Screw the sidewalks; people can walk in the street. :laugh: I live on a cul de sac, so there's no foot traffic anyway.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Break out the trusty Ariens snowblower to do the work and try not to answer the phone calls from the wife's family to clean their driveways. Laid off for the winter and they think I don't have anything better to do with my time.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have an 8 HP 2 stage snow blower. I think it goes about 18 inches high, so I will probably wait for it to be done and do it all at once. At least normally. I will likely get out this evening, done or not as I don't want to do it tomorrow at -10 degrees.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'll wait for it to stop, after the majority has already fallen, and then hit it with the snow blower. I have a really long driveway so shoveling is a fools errand, at best.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Depends. I prefer to shovel, but Mr88GT likes to bust out the snowblower. We'll tackle this snowfall multiple times to avoid having to do it all at once. Plus if we can't get out when it's over due to the temps, we will only have to worry about what fell since the last clearing. I usually keep the back patio cleared with the shovel to make access to the chickens and the route to the yard easier to navigate.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Since its pretty wet and heavy now, I'll probably plow early before it gets to deep, or too cold. Hit it a couple of times throughout the day.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Already hit mine with the Gator once. Went ahead and did it while I let the tractor and generator run.

Top Bottom