• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    People are begging the government for food and water...they cannot get to everyone fast enough, and they don't have enough food. I have been there...I learned from that mistake of stopping by 7-11 every day to buy food. Only going to the grocery maybe every other month.

Tempers Flare as Food Runs Short in Hoboken, N.J. - SKYE on AOL

I have learned from Sandy that you should never store all your preps in one place.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Another thing I have learned...is take pictures of your home in and out so it could be compared for replacement......I am even going to take pictures of my roof. Store them on Carbonite.

Clarity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Another thing I have learned...is take pictures of your home in and out so it could be compared for replacement......I am even going to take pictures of my roof. Store them on Carbonite.

Agreed. And have copies of insurance policies, deeds, important legal papers, etc. stored in a safe, off-site location.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    This is as close to a national SHTF situation we have seen in a while. This is one reason I say never rely on the government. I'm pretty far from any body of water that could ever flood me, the flood of 08 got within 2 miles and that was close enough. But irregardless, a multi-cache location that's hidden is beneficial. I cant help but feel bad for some of these sheeple.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    After seeing what is happening in NJ and NY especially Staten Island a 72 hour emergency food and water kit is not sufficient.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    After seeing what is happening in NJ and NY especially Staten Island a 72 hour emergency food and water kit is not sufficient.

Correct MIN of 14 days is more realistic. But in reality its more like 21-30 days which means no way (at least in urban areas) that you are goning to be able to run a generator for that long (gasoline storage an issue due to gasoline amount needed). So you need to plan accordining for heat (k1 heaters, propane heaters) and figure out food/water.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I can't believe people did not fill up on gas before the storm...People eating out of dumpsters...to bad all the rats drown...

I'm sure some did, but after evacuating say 50-100 miles or more, by the time you drive back, thats down to half a tank in some cars. Cars dont have big tanks anymore, I wish they did for this very reason. I have a car that gets 35 mpg with a 12 gallon tank, it and my truck which gets 18mpg gets more range due to tank size.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    That the Jersey Shore and the folks that live there are actually as ignorant as they appear on reality shows. Notice I said ignorant and not dumb...I used to think they were playing it up for the camera...Now...Not so much...I think it's genuine...

I hope and pray they get through it all and reconsider the choices they have made that have allowed their legislators to effectively neuter them regarding personal safety and responsibilty...

IMHO ofcourse.

Top Bottom