• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My life is so much more relaxed since I chose to stop being so riled up all the time. I highly recommend it.

but no, I did not know they hired anti-gun lobbyists. What have those efforts led to? I only see articles mentioning it over a three day period.

Are their employees also fascists? Because I know several and actually ate dinner with one! :runaway:

Just how deep does the Hoosierdoc rabbit hole go? :tinfoil:

Edit: watched a few NFL games each of the last few seasons :runaway:

i bought some paper at target last year :runaway:

i sold something on ebay :runaway:

i use google as my search engine :runaway:

i often fill my vehicles with Citgo gas :runaway:

I just got a Citibank credit card for airline miles :runaway:

if i need to be shootered for the cause, fire it up

Uh..........nope.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Other than actually voting and attending rallies and such for things you want to support, voting with your dollars can definitely have an effect. We have so little actual power anyway that I personally don't want to throw away a choice I can make that can make a difference. I can't say that I don't spend money at any place that's antigun, but if I find out about such policies they usually go onto my don't do business with list. There are plenty of other options for most things that it doesn't really add any additional stress to my life. Do you think we'd be reading articles like this about Dick's having financial difficulties if it weren't for people choosing not to buy there due to their idiotic policies? I dunno, maybe it's something else and my not buying there makes no difference, but it makes me feel better not to give money to organizations who then use that money to try to take away my rights.

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    I also stopped shopping at Dick's. Didn't usually buy much there anyway, but I will just choose to go somewhere else. I don't follow every boycott, but this one hit closer to home for me.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    Other than actually voting and attending rallies and such for things you want to support, voting with your dollars can definitely have an effect. We have so little actual power anyway that I personally don't want to throw away a choice I can make that can make a difference. I can't say that I don't spend money at any place that's antigun, but if I find out about such policies they usually go onto my don't do business with list. There are plenty of other options for most things that it doesn't really add any additional stress to my life. Do you think we'd be reading articles like this about Dick's having financial difficulties if it weren't for people choosing not to buy there due to their idiotic policies? I dunno, maybe it's something else and my not buying there makes no difference, but it makes me feel better not to give money to organizations who then use that money to try to take away my rights.

Well said.

I vote with my wallet. Wile it may not mean a whole lot in the end if every body stuck together on this type issue. Maybe the corporate types would use there head and not knuckle under to special interest groups.

Anybody here think the corporate big wigs aren't watching this? Dick's may be the only one that is hurting from this decision but I wouldn't put money on it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I generally don’t shop Dick’s due to their pricing. And they are out of the way. Dick’s is far from an evil company. They do some things we don’t like though.

Is it wrong to hire a democrat? They actually do vote. Corporations do not. They do donate to political candidates to push abortion, gun bans, and all other sorts of “evil” things. By hiring a democrat you are helping their political cause.

see how goofy this gets when you decide to boycott everything? I do what’s reasonable and live my life in what I consider to be a decent way. I’m really not interested in being shamed for where I buy my socks :dunno:

relax, Quit being grumpy, enjoy life. It’s fun.

oh, I watch Netflix too :runaway:. And I have cable, and that pays MSNBC and CNN that help push gun bans. Damn it! Now I just shamed myself! :xmad:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    My life is so much more relaxed since I chose to stop being so riled up all the time. I highly recommend it.

but no, I did not know they hired anti-gun lobbyists. What have those efforts led to? I only see articles mentioning it over a three day period.

Are their employees also fascists? Because I know several and actually ate dinner with one! :runaway:

I generally don’t shop Dick’s due to their pricing. And they are out of the way. Dick’s is far from an evil company. They do some things we don’t like though.
    Is it wrong to hire a democrat? They actually do vote. Corporations do not. They do donate to political candidates to push abortion, gun bans, and all other sorts of “evil” things. By hiring a democrat you are helping their political cause.

see how goofy this gets when you decide to boycott everything? I do what’s reasonable and live my life in what I consider to be a decent way. I’m really not interested in being shamed for where I buy my socks :dunno:

relax, Quit being grumpy, enjoy life. It’s fun.

oh, I watch Netflix too :runaway:. And I have cable, and that pays MSNBC and CNN that help push gun bans. Damn it! Now I just shamed myself! :xmad:

Nse3UYu.gif

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    It's impossible to go through life boycotting everything you don't agree with. If I need surgery, and there's only one Democrat surgeon that can perform it, I guarantee he'll be cutting me open. The Dick's thing is an easy statement for me to make. There's plenty of other retailers that want my money that don't go against what I believe in.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

You'll be receiving a yellow silk scarf soon via special messenger

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I think there's a difference between a lot of the things mentioned. I can and will vote with my wallet when I can. It's not at all hard. The way you choose to spend your money and what you choose to support is up to you. I was just stating my opinion on the subject. Yeah, you can take things too far, but I think not shopping at a store where the company is supporting things I don't agree with makes perfect sense. If it doesn't for you, that's fine. Unlike liberals (or progressives, or whatever) I honestly do think people have the right to do what they feel is best and not be called out or given sh*t over it. In other words, you continue to do what you want and I'll continue to do what I want and we're both happy... ;)

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Like it or not, Doc, I think you're wrong. I hope that in the future you'll do better.

And no, I don't shop at Dicks. Dollars are votes. Dollars are power.

I try my best not to empower those who openly declare themselves my enemy.

I'm not upset or angry about you shopping there.

I am angry at Dicks for betraying us. Farg 'em.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    And I bet he even has a Chinese TV! ........:joke:

Yep! Own a vizio though our main one is Samsung. I tried to get a North Korean brand but they only ran on hand crank generators and that was a bridge too far. So I bought a SK one and sent $60 to the Norks

NK isn’t trying to ban guns in the US is it?

oops, typed this phone on a Chinese iPhone! :xmad:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    You reap what you sow, and Dick's sowed a deep fallow.
    Going to be very difficult to grow out of that hole.

Fine with me, Dick's and Do-Do birds, no need for either.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    I am glad we have an Academy Sports near us. May not have the selection of sporting gear, clothes, etc. of Dick's, but do have a decent firearms section. Haven't shopped at Dick's in years.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Have been boycotting Dick’s for years now. Their PC policies are ridiculous and their sales people incompetent. Glad to see the shareholders are upset. I can only hope the shareholders (otherwise known as the owners of the company) take action and oust the overpaid fat a$$ executives who work there and make absurd marketing decisions. Then they can replace those idiots with some intelligent people.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    Maybe there's a way to better way to boycott... we could just not spend any money, or, we could get the insider information on the loss leaders, and all things being equal, buy only the items that show up in the red. We get a great deal, feel good about sticking it to them, and we won't have any arguments about virtue signaling, etc.

Top Bottom