• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe there's a way to better way to boycott... we could just not spend any money, or, we could get the insider information on the loss leaders, and all things being equal, buy only the items that show up in the red. We get a great deal, feel good about sticking it to them, and we won't have any arguments about virtue signaling, etc.

The boycotting IS working as evidenced by the fact that Dick's is struggling. The struggle would be over and they would be closed if every gun owner would simply not shop there period.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    If you don't stand up for your rites you will loose them. The one thing that gripes me is the people that don't are the loudest to complain when it happens.

Purchase from a store that walks all over your rites you are telling them it is ok to treat you that way. If a person can't understand that they don't deserve to keep there rites. Can't be stated any simpler than that.

This kind of reminds me of the nonsense Cheaper Than Dirt pulled. People still buy from them. Funny how a couple of penny's in price can cloud some peoples memory.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Funny how a couple of penne's in price can cloud some peoples memory.
    I love that pasta. It doesn’t really cloud my memory but it does make the waistline in my pants a little snug when I eat to much of it.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    I love that pasta. It doesn’t really cloud my memory but it does make the waistline in my pants a little snug when I eat to much of it.

I don't have that problem I burn it off quick. One of these days I will invent a spell checker that under stands what people are thinking.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    If you don't stand up for your rites you will loose them. The one thing that gripes me is the people that don't are the loudest to complain when it happens.

Purchase from a store that walks all over your rites you are telling them it is ok to treat you that way. If a person can't understand that they don't deserve to keep there rites. Can't be stated any simpler than that.

This kind of reminds me of the nonsense Cheaper Than Dirt pulled. People still buy from them. Funny how a couple of penny's in price can cloud some peoples memory.

Strangest thing is that none of my rights were diminished after shopping there :dunno:

and it was a lot of pennies :rockwoot:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Saving money at the expense of fellow gun owners is not a new thing. We've always had those that put themselves first, the better interest of gun owners getting tossed aside.

The difficulty is in their efforts to justify their self-centered actions, they influence the naive among us that it's OK to follow suit.
    "It's OK for me too because blah, blah does it and they are interweb popular." :rolleyes:

Everybody would be a lot better off if those who chose to stab us in the back would just do it and keep to themselves about it.
    FYI - Not everything needs to be shared. :twocents:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Hrm. Dicks does still ACTUALLY SELL guns, you know that right?

how about Facebook? They are quite antagonistic towards the second amendment and the sale of firearms and accessories. They made $108/user in the US last year. Can we shame everyone who uses FB as a backstabbing hypocritical sell-out?

Edit, since I stopped using it last month, YES!

wow, the moral high ground has a great view!

we’re not going to change each other’s mind. I’ll leave the thread now

Last edited:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Noted in the article that the company was described as "overweight". I wonder if that's a kind term for an over paid top heavy management that changes policy to impress a young Starbucks barista.

In this context, "overweight" is investor-speak for "you should have more of this stock than your other stocks".

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    and if you read far enough into the article, they're doubling down on stupid:

""Months after Dick's Sporting Goods made the move to stop selling assault-style rifles, the company is now considering removing all hunting gear," a Texas ABC affiliate reported on Friday. "Dick's CEO Edward Stack revealed during a conference call that they removed all hunting gear from 10 stores as a test run."

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    and if you read far enough into the article, they're doubling down on stupid:

""Months after Dick's Sporting Goods made the move to stop selling assault-style rifles, the company is now considering removing all hunting gear," a Texas ABC affiliate reported on Friday. "Dick's CEO Edward Stack revealed during a conference call that they removed all hunting gear from 10 stores as a test run."

Imtentionally removing things that sell and make money for the shareholders for his own political reasons... yeah that guy needs to be removed.
    He is clearly not doing the best for the company.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Imtentionally removing things that sell and make money for the shareholders for his own political reasons... yeah that guy needs to be removed.
    He is clearly not doing the best for the company.

Well if firearm owners are boycotting them may as well remove hunting stuff

I believe the AR removal was the call of a female ceo, or president, or something

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    It was my understanding or impression that the removal of hunting gear was because it had stopped selling well. :dunno:

Edit: yep. Context. It helps.

Gun owners and pro-gun consumers may not be ale to buy their guns from Dick's any longer, but they also seem to have made the conscious decision not to trust Dick's as an outfitter for any of their other needs — particularly their hunting needs.
    Dick's has seen a decline in sales of its hunting gear overall — such a decline that they're considering removing hunting and outdoors equipment from all of their stores in order to boost their bottom line and cull some of their excess inventory.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It was my understanding or impression that the removal of hunting gear was because it had stopped selling well. :dunno:

Edit: yep. Context. It helps.

Gun owners and pro-gun consumers may not be ale to buy their guns from Dick's any longer, but they also seem to have made the conscious decision not to trust Dick's as an outfitter for any of their other needs — particularly their hunting needs.
    Dick's has seen a decline in sales of its hunting gear overall — such a decline that they're considering removing hunting and outdoors equipment from all of their stores in order to boost their bottom line and cull some of their excess inventory.

Yep. And they are talking about closing/selling the Field and Stream stores too. Though I dont know any company stupid enough to risk the bad PR from ignorant customers who would think Dicks still owned them. Whoever bought it would have to spend a metric ton of cash marketing the new ownership angle to actually get us to understand there is a new sheriff in town and its OK to shop there.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Yep. And they are talking about closing/selling the Field and Stream stores too. Though I dont know any company stupid enough to risk the bad PR from ignorant customers who would think Dicks still owned them. Whoever bought it would have to spend a metric ton of cash marketing the new ownership angle to actually get us to understand there is a new sheriff in town and its OK to shop there.

Not too sure about that. Dicks could spin off F&S or someone could buy those stores and then they could simply put up a sign "We are no longer Dicks".

Top Bottom