• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Refund? Haven't seen one of those in many years. At some point it seems to make sense to reduce income rather than work to earn more that just goes to taxes, diminishing returns.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Refund? Haven't seen one of those in many years. At some point it seems to make sense to reduce income rather than work to earn more that just goes to taxes, diminishing returns.

Yep. Wife got a bump and I resigned. Don't know if I will ever go back. At home with kids now. Have some financial meets planed. Don't make sense to work only to get bent over and poked. Saving a ton by being home.

This year's return bought auto parts, eye glasses for three, well pump and pressure tank, few things for the house, some new clothing, fish finder. We do all our purchasing in the spring after tax time.

mannus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Purchased a PSA MOE lower and CBC Industries 16" 300 BO upper. Plan on shooting in the next few months.

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    I find it interesting that so many use the IRS as an interest free savings account. I had no idea. I don't get it when you can just toss your own money into a savings account instead of providing an interest free loan to Uncle Sam.

Not judging, just trying to understand it.

Yes sir my income fluctuates largley year to yea, but I adjust my witholdings throughout the year so I come as close to break even as possible. The more I save monthly any interest I make is mine, the fed will gladly invest your cash and not cut you in.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I find it interesting that so many use the IRS as an interest free savings account. I had no idea. I don't get it when you can just toss your own money into a savings account instead of providing an interest free loan to Uncle Sam.

Not judging, just trying to understand it.

I rather deal with the loss of the 49 cents of interest than having to write a 5-8k check during tax time.

Glockman20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2017
    Indianapolis
    TAX REFUND.... WHAT IS THAT??????:dunno: I am married with no children I have not gotten a tax refund in over 20 years.... But, if I did get a text refund I would buy the Colt Delta Elite(2016)....

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    It doesn't have to be $1000's; you can set it up for a happy medium, i.e. ~$0...

Exactly. I usually break even or owe a tiny bit. It's not the interest you miss out on. Not the point. The free government loan is the point. $7-8000 back? Really? Wow. That's over $600 a month...To each his own, I guess.:@ya:

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    This is the first year we are actually getting a refund, in the past 8 years.... We normally owed 6-8K, We have been playing around with it to bring it lower, but with my wife doing from full time to part time, to buying a new house, to selling our old, with deductions and HSA popping all over the place because of pregnancies. It made it hard to get it close to 0. Finally after having my wife take more out of her paycheck each period, we were able to get it closer. still needs some work though as we are taking too much out each pay period.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Exactly. I usually break even or owe a tiny bit. It's not the interest you miss out on. Not the point. The free government loan is the point. $7-8000 back? Really? Wow. That's over $600 a month...To each his own, I guess.:@ya:

It is a forced savings. If it's available it will only get absorbed in bill payments or pissed away on dumb stuff.

Nice to get that large lump back and make a difference in something that actually matters.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    This is the first year we are actually getting a refund, in the past 8 years.... We normally owed 6-8K, We have been playing around with it to bring it lower, but with my wife doing from full time to part time, to buying a new house, to selling our old, with deductions and HSA popping all over the place because of pregnancies. It made it hard to get it close to 0. Finally after having my wife take more out of her paycheck each period, we were able to get it closer. still needs some work though as we are taking too much out each pay period.

Brutal to try to make that come out even. I get it. Really a lot happening all at once.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom