• ...and so much more!
  • lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Loaded up a few mags and watched esrice empty them trying out a new trigger in my AR and testing his AR light for dirt film build-up.

Loved the weather! :rockwoot:Some tree frogs are out already.

14icwb4.jpg

Merrixs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    North West
    I want to try to reuse my 12 ga SST slug hulls which are too short to crimp on my press, so…

P8280014.jpg

P8280015.jpg

1-1/8 oz Wax Slugs! Gonna see what I can do with these and my rifled barrel at the 100 yd range at the end of the month.

So I finally got around to trying these yesterday...They don't hold together when you spin them out of a rifled barrel. I had to be within 10 yards to see a pattern on my target, and it was already bigger than the large pizza box I was shooting at. Oh well.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Today I am loading a couple hundred, 100 grain .327 Fed Mag LHBWC's plus a hundred 71 grain FMJ .32 NAA's from new, .380 brass formed with the Lee Sizing/Decapping Die. It works great and with .32NAA brass impossible even before the sky fell, it's what I have been doing for a while now. So when Makarov.Com was closing its store, I bought up all of their .32NAA Headstamped .380 ACP Brass made for them by Starline. If you hugify the pic you can see the headstamp. Sometimes I load up .380's in these just to mess with brass pickers trying to see if you want your brass or not. The aren't sure if they can use it or not but they are sure you're shooting a .380...
    main.php

Anyway, 1/2 the .327's are going to be loaded lighter than usual so I can test them as a possible 7.62 Nagant Revolver replacement round. Not because I am out of ammo, just because I want to see if it will work for a friend in CZ who says the revolvers are really cheap there but to shoot one full cylinder is like buying the gun again. 32-20 is in bound when it is available so I can use it too as this seems to be the usual replacement brass fir this purpose. This is just a test to see if this too works for others here who want to know about reloading it and so I will see also if I can use my Nagant dies on this brass too.
    icon2.gif
    327 Fed Mag does fit into the cylinder and it will fire though I only use low powered reloads. I am afraid that a full power Mag would cause one of these old pistols damage so I feel it's better to be safe than sorry.

sorry for the novella folks, guess I got carried away.
    icon11.gif

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Just loaded up some test loads for my .243 using 105gr A-Max bullets and IMR 4007 SSC powder. Loaded up from 36-38grs of powder in .5gr increments with an oal of 2.760, hopefully I can get out and try them next week.

I also shot about 100rds of .22lr.

mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    Finished sizing the 500+ boolits I cast last weekend for the .357's.
    Now I just have to load 'em!

jburris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    henry county
    I shot 100 38spcls from my new to me s&w 586, shot 100rds of win 45acp from the new pt1911, 40rds of tula 223 from dpms ar, 20rds of 45lc from new rossi judge carbine. Im glad I reload. why is it so much fun to burn up so much money. Oh well. looks like Im gonna get to reload my stock back up.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I don't know about up in the flatlands but down here there are polar bears knocking on the door wanting inside. It is snowing heavily so I think I will crank up the Dillon and do some reloading.

Top Bottom