• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Fried chicken, trail mix, oreos, reeses peanut butter cups, bananas, water, juice boxes, sunflower seeds, deer jerky, and my coffee. Heck if I don't see a deer it is probably because I was too busy stuffing my face.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    German chocolate cake, fried chicken, fried okra, pecan pie, a pint of whiskey, and a slice or 2 of pepperoni pizza. Usually take a cooler out there with me. This year I'm going to see if Jimmy John's will deliver to the woods.

Or mostly some sunflower seeds and some water. Either eat the shells with or get just the shelled ones.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I had a MRE in the stand today. Jumbalaya with ham and shrimp. Doesnt taste as good when it's cold though. I also take apples and water. Use the empty water bottles for when the water makes it through my system.

DThurston

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Shelby County
    This ^^^^
    I certainly wouldn't eat anything that would have much smell or leave a smell on my hands/face.

So does that mean that I'm spooking them with apples? I figured that they'd either be attracted or at least not care much. The groundhogs seems to like the cores when I'm done at least.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    PBJ, Bacon and jelly sandwiches. Granola bars, thermos of coffee. Also, I brown up some sausage, onion and peppers at home and put them in a ziploc to go to the cabin. In the morning I throw some in a skillet, add some scrambled eggs and cheese. Make breakfast tacos to wrap up for later in the stand. I dont spend a lot of time cooking and eating breakfast. I like to sleep as long as possible.
    In the ole days it was snickers and brandy.

Top Bottom