• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Are all your guns loaded in the house? Including all mags?

I have all 3 of my 6906 mags loaded, and both of my XD mags, both of my 915 mags. Do you guys have unloaded mags sitting around? I thought about if somebody or a group tried to break into my house tonight and cause me deadly harm. I think that the 98 rounds I have loaded would be more than sufficient. Although it would suck carrying it all :dunno:

Other than those I only have a 20ga 870 and 10/22 in the house.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    My XD has 13 in the gun and 16 more in another mag. I've also got a Rem 870 with 5 buckshot shells in the tube and 5 more in a sleeve on the stock. The fiance also has 20 rounds with her P22 :rolleyes:

If I can't stop them with those 79 rounds, I don't think I'm going to stop them.

RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    I keep all of my magazines loaded, both pistol and rifle. I keep a 1911 and a 24/7 loaded and secured at all times. The 1911 is with me, the 24/7 is the house gun. I also have an AR and a Mini available if needed. Total number of loaded rounds (in magazines) is 300+, not that I'll ever need that many, but its nice to know that they are there.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    A lot of my firearms and most my mags are loaded.

The mags mostly because it is easier to load them here at home then on the range. I want to shoot, just drop a bunch of them in a range bag and go. Reload them at home while watching TV or surfing the web.

Then again, we are talking a lot of mags. Not just a few.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    For my pistols, I have range and carry mags. My Xd .40 stays on my nightstand, with 3 extra mags. One other next to my safe. I have 5 00 buck in the tube of my Mossy, 5 more on the stock. My AK, has a loaded mag inserted ready to go, with easy acces to 4 more 30 rounders. All my other ammo is like 5 feet away. If I can not do it with that, I guess I'll throw rocks and run away!

duck1985

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    Indianapolis- Broad Ripple
    My Beretta 92fs is loaded with one in the pipe along with another 15 round magazine right next to it. My Remington 870 is loaded with 00Buck with a bandolier with 25 more rounds in it. And my Haskell js-45 has a full mag in it with two more 7 round mags right next to it in my nightstand. 82 rounds of various calibers should get my point across.

Ironsights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Michigan City
    Got the Uberti 45 Colt loaded over the bed on the shelf, and 2 rounds of 12 gauge in the Mossberg next to the bed. Also, have a Heritage .22 mag loaded on my desk in case the kids come running in complaining of another animal trespasser.
    Haven't trained the wife and kids enough in the use of semi-auto's to feel comfortable leaving one loaded.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Are all your guns loaded in the house? Including all mags?

I have all 3 of my 6906 mags loaded, and both of my XD mags, both of my 915 mags. Do you guys have unloaded mags sitting around? I thought about if somebody or a group tried to break into my house tonight and cause me deadly harm. I think that the 98 rounds I have loaded would be more than sufficient. Although it would suck carrying it all :dunno:

Other than those I only have a 20ga 870 and 10/22 in the house.
    ALL guns, are ALWAYS loaded !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    339   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    My Kimber .45 and two spare mags is never far away. But I like to save my springs, just in case, so the rest are unloaded. If things got bad, wouldn't take long to load up everything.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Guns that would normally be used for defense are loaded along with at least one spare mag/speedloader/moonclip. I try to keep a minimum of 5 mags for each pistol and 10 mags for each AR/AK. To keep every gun and all mags loaded would be a little much. The idea is to respond to a home invasion, not fight a civil uprising. three or four guns loaded and with spare mags seems plenty.

yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    I keep five rounds of 38 spl jhp loaded in my 686. My first line of defense is calling the cops and holding out until they get there. When I had my baby desert eagle I kept one mag loaded. I would like to know how often people have needed more than a couple of shots to end a home invasion. Most robbers would run at the site of a gun so the notion of keeping 100 rounds for a single weapon seems excessive.

I will say that if I had another firearm worth using for defense I would keep it placed elsewhere in the house as you never know where you would be should something happen.

Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    Every mag is loaded and tactical Mossberg 500 under bed, Glock 35 within reach loaded (one in chamber useless if not) there are more but that should be enough for encounters in the house!:D

Top Bottom