What do your wives/fiancés/ girlfriends/better halves carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    My SO is the kind who believes a person should selectively carry their firearm. She doesn't like when I carry around the house. She thinks that if a person were to try and break in I would have plenty of time to make it to the bedroom and draw my firearm. She thinks that I should only carry when I think I might need. I try and tell her that the safest place I can keep a firearm is on my person. She thinks it's weird to always have a firearm handy. She thinks it's weird to always be what she calls "on guard". You guys must have it lucky. Okay done ranting.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    This is something we have yet to discuss.
    My wife has carried my m&p9c in her purse on rare occasions. She is a school teacher, so until July 1, carrying hasn't been a real option for her.
    MACE has been her go to device.
    I hope she chooses to carry, but if she does not, then that is her choice.

It's not often I get to talk to myself lol...
    Just an update. This morning, my wife came and sat down to ask me about what steps she would need to take to start carrying.
    Naturally everyone's situation, lifestyle, etc is different. So we briefly discussed all of the questions I had when making the same decision, and various holsters and carry issues I have dealt with during my journey.
    #1 is getting some SD training, and then searching for a firearm that will better suit her needs for carrying on a regular basis.
    Naturally I turned her onto the women & firearms section of INGO, and we'll likely be seeking advice from the more experienced members here on INGO.
    I am looking forward to helping her on this journey, and experiencing the woman's perspective... :)

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Smith & Wesson 686 Plus 7-round .38 / .357, 2.5 inch barrel

686plus_zps4998da95.jpg

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    It's not often I get to talk to myself lol...
    Just an update. This morning, my wife came and sat down to ask me about what steps she would need to take to start carrying.
    Naturally everyone's situation, lifestyle, etc is different. So we briefly discussed all of the questions I had when making the same decision, and various holsters and carry issues I have dealt with during my journey.
    #1 is getting some SD training, and then searching for a firearm that will better suit her needs for carrying on a regular basis.
    Naturally I turned her onto the women & firearms section of INGO, and we'll likely be seeking advice from the more experienced members here on INGO.
    I am looking forward to helping her on this journey, and experiencing the woman's perspective... :)

Hopefully my wife and I will be starting that same journey soon. I nudge her occasionally, trying to to push (women push back, you know). When she's ready, she'll seek advice and I will offer it. She's fully supportive of me and 2A/RKBA. I'd love to get her out to MCFG or better yet see her go with an experienced female friend. And take some training and get her LTCH. Someday...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    noah.richey
    Top Bottom