• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Good ol' A/C work. I've changed MANY condensers from wrecks at our shop. It does have a unique smell, like chemicals I guess. If the heater core has a leak, coolant would be leaking into the case. You would be able to differentiate the smells though.

If you want to be sure, take to a good A/C shop. They'll suck it down, make sure it holds vacuum, then refill to exact weight.

She's our "dont laugh its paid for" van. She got what she needed, nothing more. I'm afraid a pro would "total" her.

Now if we wanted to replace the compressor, then a pro would get it. We'd trade her in before that happened. We are at that point.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    ac14ba4ed5d9a6e37104a7c72675dca9.jpg

Seriously, I am in awe of you guys... I can change the oil, spark plugs (unless you have to pull the engine), or replace "easy off, easy on" parts. But I don't have the space or the tools to do anything more complicated. I recently replaced the steering system on my riding mower and I was pretty darned proud of myself (thank you Youtube!). :):

We all have our talents man. Plenty of stuff I can't do

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Seriously though, I have been told R-134a smells like moth balls, but i wouldn't know because i could never get their legs that far apart...

Top Bottom