What goes "Clop, clop, clop, clop, bang!"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    fail post is full of fail.
    Amish people;
    A) don't believe in vengeance.
    B) don't believe in violence.
    C) don't believe in cell-phones.
    D) all of the above.

Anyone notice the <50 post count of the OP.

Wrong. The Amish are OK with cell phones in certain cases. I have heard some of them say "No wires." ;)

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    A lot of the Amish are well armed. It's something that many people don't consider.
    I've known of several black rifles that were sold to Amish, along with any other type of firearm.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Agreed. He joined in July of 2008. Yep, he's in a big hurry to get to a post count of 50. :rolleyes:

Yes, the joke was lame. But then again, most are.... to somebody. :)

I am rapidly closing in on 50 posts... I figure in another few months I can obtain it.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I am rapidly closing in on 50 posts... I figure in another few months I can obtain it.

Well this July makes three years on the board. Judging by your current pace you'll need about four more months to hit fifty, so I'd say you're right on the money. I'm just not so sure about the "rapidly closing in" part. :D

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Actually Amish can have cell phones if they are for business purposes.

Funny story - My wife went to a Pampered Chef party (its kitchen and cooking stuff). The Pampered Chef representative was an Amish lady who showed up to the party in her buggy. However, when she came inside the house, she pulled out her laptop computer and proceeded to place orders. Then she handed everyone her business card with her email address and cell phone number. :dunno:

Similar to what I was told by a co-worker when I was running a laser cutter. One of the strangest things our regional tech/calibration guy had seen was being called to do the 5000 hour maintenance on a large laser cutting unit, and found it being used by Amish in a barn, run off of a generator. Said something about making the power themselves was ok...

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    i wonder if jack even looks at the classified ads???

I'll take you up on your offer to buy something for me from the classified ads.

[If you don't want to buy something for me then of what concern is it of yours what I do or do not look at?]

I guess I've just been too busy with important stuff to check out the ads.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom