Cabot_0017-1024x768.jpg

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Get a flintlock Kentucky longrifle, you know you always wanted one. You will have a chance to relearn shooting all over again. It is a lot less expensive to shoot, especially if you cast your own ball. Blackpowder only, substitutes won't work.

Buck67

Buck67...You may have just rekindled my desire to get back into muzzle loading. Been a long time.:thumbsup:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I don't know what gun it is that will complete me. I haven't held it in my hands yet and heard it whisper to me to take it home. That's usually how I buy guns. I don't know that I need or want them until I hold them in my hands. My Sig was definitely one of those deals. I wasn't looking for a Sig or a 1911 but once I held it, nothing else could compare to it. I had to go back the next day and buy it so that the restlessness inside me would stop.

Sometimes it's the right gun at the right price and I buy it on the spot. Other times I hold the gun, bond with it but then turn it over and see the price and think "I like you but not for that much money." When I find you for X price you will be mine. Then the hunt and the game begins. The hunt is half the fun. It is almost a disappointment once the gun has been purchased and the hunt is over. Of course then the need for accessories helps to make up for that feeling.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Ruger SR1911.

I never before in my life had this much trouble trying to get someone to take my money.
    I have cash. Not plastic, dead presidents. And I still can't even find one to save my bacon.
    I would OVERPAY for a Ruger SR1911. I would pay the full MSRP of $829. I do not CARE.
    I WANT this pistol. I want it more than I want my next bacon sandwich.

But there's still not one sitting in my holster.

Ruger Handguns - kygunco.com Here.. now buy one and put up some pics.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I don't know what gun it is that will complete me. I haven't held it in my hands yet and heard it whisper to me to take it home. That's usually how I buy guns. I don't know that I need or want them until I hold them in my hands. My Sig was definitely one of those deals. I wasn't looking for a Sig or a 1911 but once I held it, nothing else could compare to it. I had to go back the next day and buy it so that the restlessness inside me would stop.

Sometimes it's the right gun at the right price and I buy it on the spot. Other times I hold the gun, bond with it but then turn it over and see the price and think "I like you but not for that much money." When I find you for X price you will be mine. Then the hunt and the game begins. The hunt is half the fun. It is almost a disappointment once the gun has been purchased and the hunt is over. Of course then the need for accessories helps to make up for that feeling.

I think, subconsciously, I already know what the next gun is. I just don't let myself in on the secret. Got any pics of your EDC?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    N frame Smith and Wesson in .357 magnum
    Shiloh Sharps in 45 70
    Smith and Wesson K 22 or Model 17 (pinned ofcourse) in .22 long rifle

At some point we have all of the "Zombie Killers", "SHTF", and "OMG I am going to get jumped by a gang of Ninja's the next time I go to Wal Mart"" guns we feel we need. Then the time comes for reflection and laid back enjoyment of something expensive, beautiful, and with just a touch of class. These three will provide that satisfaction...IMHO ofcourse lest my comments be construed as religous or "testy" in nature....

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I think, subconsciously, I already know what the next gun is. I just don't let myself in on the secret. Got any pics of your EDC?

Here's my current EDC set up. It's a Ruger SP101 357 Magnum. I carry it in a leather Galco holster on a basic leather gun belt. I carry OWB since it is the most comfortable way for me to carry.

1292944_10201917212634046_1714933452_o.jpg

Here's my Ruger LCP which I will eventually carry once I find the perfect OWB carry holster for it.

2013-04-28_02-04-14_265_zps9350157c.jpg

Both guns demonstrate for me how important the accessories are in making a gun my very own. Shopping for the accessories is almost as much fun as shopping for the actual gun.

111NMC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Indianapolis
    An FAL. Pistols are never enough. You need a substantial piece of hardware to satisfy your jones, and an FAL is just the ticket.

meegz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Delaware County
    Something custom with 'Ackley Improved' behind the numbers on the barrel. I've always liked bullets in the 6-7mm range, and it would be a hard call between a 6mm AI and a 280 AI (with notable mention for a 260 AI). I think for really reaching out there, the 280 would be best. Plus, the 280 would be plenty for elk, though I'd have to do a bit more studying on bullets available before I'd take it on a not-black bear or moose.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Here's my current EDC set up. It's a Ruger SP101 357 Magnum. I carry it in a leather Galco holster on a basic leather gun belt. I carry OWB since it is the most comfortable way for me to carry.

View attachment 21384

Here's my Ruger LCP which I will eventually carry once I find the perfect OWB carry holster for it.

View attachment 21385

Both guns demonstrate for me how important the accessories are in making a gun my very own. Shopping for the accessories is almost as much fun as shopping for the actual gun.

I'm a big fan of your .357, not so much for the LCP. To each their own.

Top Bottom