• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Well, I bought a PF9 to carry but it's not as easy as my Glock 26. To be perfectly honest, I don't actually carry either one of them but I bought a holster for my Glock so I could carry it. Right now, I'm not comfortable carrying. You have to remember that I hated guns up until about 4 years ago. My whole outlook on things changed when my family started taking karate. A whole lot of things changed for me at that time and guns is one of them. We even recently purchased an AR. Also, not that it should matter, but I am a woman.

I'm trying to figure out how a Glock 26 can be easier to carry than a PF-9. It is thicker and heavier than the Kel-Tec. :dunno:

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Most of the time:

eb_iphone.jpg

All the other times:

LCP_1.jpg

XD45Darrell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Whiting, IN USA
    My Carry guns.

I carry either an XD 45 Compact or Kimber Custom TLE II in a Serpa holster as my primary.

I carry a Kimber Ultra Raptor II in a Galco small of the back holster as my backup.

All are 45ACP using Federal Hydra-Shock hollow points.

BeeRian

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Typically my Dan Wesson CBOB .45 in a highnoon "down under" with belt loops and my KelTec P3AT in an uncle mike's #1 pocket holster. When I'm just running out and want to clip on something fast, I carry my G23 (with the grip chopped to G27 length) in a highnoon "down under" with the clip.

Finally got some pics...

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Since I retired the USP (and sold it) Here's my updated daily carry gear.

Heckler & Koch P30
    Hornady 115gr JHP/XTP (15+1) and a spare 15 round mag
    Comp-Tac M-TAC IWB holster
    Kershaw Leek (combo blade)
    Surefire G2

lars2.jpg

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Since I retired the USP (and sold it) Here's my updated daily carry gear.

Heckler & Koch P30
    Hornady 115gr JHP/XTP (15+1) and a spare 15 round mag
    Comp-Tac M-TAC IWB holster
    Kershaw Leek (combo blade)
    Surefire G2

I love the look of your pistol W9ZEB. Whats the trigger pull like on it (i.e. pounds/length)? It looks like it would have a heck of a long first pull to me. J/W. Looks sweet though.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I love the look of your pistol W9ZEB. Whats the trigger pull like on it (i.e. pounds/length)? It looks like it would have a heck of a long first pull to me. J/W. Looks sweet though.

It is a long, heavy (12#ish) first pull
    with 4.5lb follow up shots. The reset I've been told is nowhere near as short as a Glock trigger reset. And to be honest I don't think it matters a lot. I just do a lot of practicing shooting from the holster 1 or more shots, and make sure I decock the pistol before reholstering it.

The frame is pretty amazing. I know the "fit" of a pistol shouldn't matter. But it certainly makes it more enjoyable to practice with.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    The frame is pretty amazing. I know the "fit" of a pistol shouldn't matter. But it certainly makes it more enjoyable to practice with.

I'm not sure I get what you are saying; are you saying the ergos don't matter? I think pistol fit is #2 priority right behind reliability.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I'm not sure I get what you are saying; are you saying the ergos don't matter? I think pistol fit is #2 priority right behind reliability.

As long as you can pull the trigger smoothly to the rear, and use the front sight. The rest of the ergos shouldn't matter.

That said, a pistol that fits is more likely to pick up the front sights faster, and provide faster followup shots. (for this, the P30 and my hand really do get along very well)

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Grip fit is pretty important I think. I mean, if it wasn't why would people whine about Glocks all the time?

Top Bottom